Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cashier peeves that make you want to look at em' funny: Heavy items bagged lightly

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cashier peeves that make you want to look at em' funny: Heavy items bagged lightly

#1: A customer says that she hopes that I don't give her too many bags. I give her a funny look.
    #2: When you're elderly and you buy heavy jars like pickles, Please don't ask me to bag them lightly
    #3: Don't call my scanner a wand
    #4: Don't say I charge you too much for one item, I don't have authority to change the prices on till.
    #5: Don't tell me two items are the same when they don't look the same.
    #6: Please tell me that the price checker doesn't give you the price instead of asking me for the price, that should be the only time.
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

-Just because the Friskies or any other brand of cat/dog cat food is the same price per can doesn't mean you can hand me one can and scan it X number of times. We have this thing called inventory. The computer needs to know how many cans of each flavor were sold.
    -When the big 24pk waters are on sale and you by 3 or 4 cases you just need to tell the cashier. For large items like that we have PLU's or some stores have hand held scanners in addtion to the scanner/scale. You don't need to put all three cases o the belt. It is nor fun lifting dozens of cases a shift.
    -I can not make a gallon jug of milk lighter. If you can't lift it buy the 1/2 gal jugs insted.

Comment

- A customer that brings up three carts full of food and complains about the total cost
      - A customer that brings up three carts full of food and complains that she's not going to be able to fit all those bags into her Mazda Miata, Honda DelSol, or other micro machine car.
      - A customer who brings up three carts full of food and makes you put half of it back since it wasn't the price they thought it was (Gee you stupid twat, didn't it ever occur to you to look at the price labels we put there SO YOU CAN FIND OUT THE @#$%ING PRICE?!?!?)

M
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        We have this thing called inventory. The computer needs to know how many cans of each flavor were sold.
        See, I get this, but at some places they do it, others no. I usually just ask anymore, or load it all up anyway. But it can be hard to tell one store from another.

Anyway,

* I tell you the price, and you say "oh come on you can do better than that". Yes, yes I can, I can charge you as little as 10% over cost without getting in trouble. But when you react that way I will not do much better at all. If I know you, then I will.

* When you are buying a large item (radiator, transmission, etc.) and the price is over $1,000.00 please stop asking surprised
        Last edited by draftermatt; 08-28-2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post

* When you are buying a large item (radiator, transmission, etc.) and the price is over $1,000.00 please stop asking surprised
          * Don't act all shocked and say "<Shitty Parts House> has it for $XXX.XX!"
          Really? Tell them I said HI!
          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
            * Don't act all shocked and say "<Shitty Parts House> has it for $XXX.XX!"
            Ha, I had a guy pissing and moaning because NAPA was cheaper. The owner told him "well go ahead and get it from them. Our service department will be glad to fix it when the NAPA parts take a shit on you"

Comment

At the computer store

Quoth draftermatt View Post
              Ha, I had a guy pissing and moaning because NAPA was cheaper. The owner told him "well go ahead and get it from them. Our service department will be glad to fix it when the NAPA parts take a shit on you"
              The computer store I used to work for *ALWAYS* made a profit on any thing it sold, it is still in business (25 years) and all the stores that people told us they would go to instead because they were cheaper are gone out of business.

It was very common to see someone rant over our prices one year, only to end up a customer the following because either their dealer had gone out of business or was not making enough money to offer the services they wanted.

Comment

When the UPC doesn't scan correctly or is not in the system and you hear the whitty zing of "Does that mean it's free?!"
                It makes my skin crawl.

Comment

-if you are carrying a toddler, and tell me to bag light because "I can't lift more the 10 pounds", and I nonchalantly ask how much the child you are holding weighs and you answer "40 pounds"-I will look at you funny, and possibly even give you the hairy eyeball(eww it's hairy why would I want it )
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth huckster View Post
                    When the UPC doesn't scan correctly or is not in the system and you hear the whitty zing of "Does that mean it's free?!"
                    It makes my skin crawl.
                    Oh dear God, I get that constantly!

Comment

Quoth huckster View Post
                      It makes my skin crawl.
                      I'm so sorry! I keep telling my husband that isn't funny and the cashiers don't want to hear it anymore, but he won't listen. I will throw him the dryer on the high setting and see if that works on him.
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Scenario 1:
                        Customer: How many points do I have on my Reward Zone card?
                        Me: I don't know, sir/ma'me.
                        Customer: Well don't you have it in the computer?
                        Me: ....No. It'll print out on your reciept.

Rinse, wash, repeat 10 times a day.

Scenario 2:

Me: Now sir/ma'me with this (M-rated game, Parental Advisory CD) I'm gonna need to see some ID.
                        Customer: I have a (Reward Zone, Best Buy, RZMC) card! Isn't my age in the computer?
                        Me: No it's not.

Scenario 3:

Customer: Do you guys have a (student, military, senior citizens, Tuesday) discount?
                        Me: I'm sorry, we don't.
                        Customer: WELL WHY NOT?! THINK OF...
                        (Pick one!)
                        1.The money you're missing out on (Er...yeah...that 10% is really keeping the military guys from buying from us--NOT)
                        2.Circuit Shacktown does it!
                        3. They're fighting for your FREEDOM! (Why, yes! The freedom that corporate office has to say "No military discount")
                        4. But it's so expensive out:

Comment

Working...
                        X