This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your problem, not mine

When I'm going to a important event like a wedding or funeral, I would usually arrive at the location a day beforehand to check in, aclimatise and get ready for tomorrow. What I wouldn't do is ROCK UP TO THE EVENT IN THE SAME MORNING AND CHECK INTO A MOTEL WELL BEFORE THE STANDARD CHECK IN TIME.

That's the phone call I got before my shift ended. So the guy, and 3 other guys on the same flight, is coming to the area for a funeral. A lot of extended family is staying at our place as well. Anyway, so they're flying out tonight (my time) and arriving at the local airport at 6AM and then coming straight to our place because the freaking funeral is at 10:00AM.

I tell the guy our standard check in time is 2:00PM, but he wouldn't take no for an answer because preparations yada yada. Went in circles for about a minute before I, idiotically, froze the rooms that they were staying in the night before to ensure they wouldn't be used and be crisp in the goddamn morning. (Our office opens at 7:30AM).

Holy crap I am so annoyed right now. The other family members had the good sense to come the day before the funeral, but there are some who are coming tonight by plane AFTER our reception has closed. That I wouldn't mind so much.

But who in their right mind touches down by plane 4 hours before a funeral, wants to check in at literally the second we open in order to prepare for a funeral that's now 2.5 hours away and factor in travel time!? I'm sorry if I sound like an asshole, but some people lack the capacity to plan properly.

You should've told them they'd have to book the room for the prior day, or you couldn't guarantee they wouldn't have to wait for a room to be cleaned and available. I would've offered to hold their luggage, or at most, seen if some of the cleaning crew could've come in early to prep early check-outs.
    Last edited by TheSHAD0W; 07-12-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Sometime life sucks and they had no choice?

I just went to a very close buddys retirement after 22 in the nav. Due to work only had 1 day. But I did go down the night before at midnight so I got a couple hrs in for 0900 ceremony.
      Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 07-12-2019, 12:56 PM.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

The thread title reminds me of a wonderful line from Boogie Nights, where a recording studio guy barks at Mark Wahlberg (who can't pay for the sessions he and John C. Reilly did earlier), "That's not an M.P, that's a Y.P....YOUR Problem!"

Comment

And then you have my hotel...where you can check in whenever you please so long as there is a room available and you're not picky about the view. And you can check out anytime by 11:59pm and not have it count as an extra night.

Apparently we only post checkout and check-in times when we're at full capacity and have multiple reservations. The rest of the time? Yeah, us housekeepers hate it -_-

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
            And then you have my hotel...where you can check in whenever you please....
            But you can't ever leaaaaaaaaaveeeeeee..........
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
            X