This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
    TonyDonuts, I could use someone like you to help plan torments when I ascend to my throne in Hell
    You leave my throne alone, dammit.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

TonyDonuts, I could use someone like you to help plan torments when I ascend to my throne in Hell
      Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      You two need to be reminded that you have some very stiff competition for that throne.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Whoa, that IS evil! Me likey . . .

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          If I thought for one second that she honestly didn't retain the information, I wouldn't be complaining. I know there are those who take longer to learn something. But this particular coworker does things like this all the time. (snip)

...sorry to threadjack.
          And I threadjack your threadjack.

Years ago I worked a job where we got paid every two weeks. We were allowed to buy things and have the cost deducted from our pay. We weren't supposed to exceed $40 per week, but more seriously not to exceed $80 per pay period.

I had a co-worker who would ask me, near the start of the pay week, if this week goes with next week or last week.
          I explained several times that I didn't know because I didn't care: I paid my bills at the beginning of the month so which weeks had paydays didn't really matter to me. And I stayed under $5 per day which kept me under $40 per week and that kept me under $80 per period.
          I also explained how to work out the answer: because there was a 1-week delay in pay, we got paid on the last day of the first week of the next period. So if we got paid yesterday, this week goes with last week. And if we didn't get paid yesterday, this week goes with next week. I explained this three weeks in a row as I worked out what the correct answer was.

After that, if she asked me I would say "I don't know" and walk away.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            Whoa, that IS evil! Me likey . . .
            've always been partial to this one.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              've always been partial to this one.
              Nah, I think Sandra & Woo had that one. That is truly about the most evil thing I can think of doing to someone.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Ugh....so the guy who was ordering these manuals put in his two week notice.

Guess who is now ordering the books?

She just put in two orders. One for 400 books, and one for 100. At 1:45PM, and the due date is today at 5PM. "NEED ASAP!!!" sayeth the ticket.....

That is so not happening.

Oh, and one of the orders has no files attached
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Making that many copies of a book, in 3 hours, without the content? Yeah, good luck with that, ditz.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

She just dropped six more orders in the queue, and wants all of them by the end of the day Monday 9/16. This on top of the giant orders she put in yesterday.

No specs provided or files attached to ANY of the six orders. This time, she just posted the same PO - with six line items - six times, once for each book.

Oh wait....I'm on vacation starting tomorrow. So I DON'T CARE!!!!
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I'd send the orders back, CC (or BCC) her boss-folk with a few polite queries/reality reminders. Still, maintaining some sort of SPECIFIC documentation (for easy reference) when she's involved will save time and hassle when the excrement starts impacting the various rotary impellers. When the supers start making inquiries about why the impossible deadlines didn't happen, just drop the whole file on 'em with no further explanation.

Comment

She just blew up the queue with more orders. All due within a week. My co-worker who will have to take the lead on these is having a conniption.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                          Nah, I think Sandra & Woo had that one. That is truly about the most evil thing I can think of doing to someone.
                          Linky, please? For the page in question

I'm a fan of S&W, too, and I have been for awhile. I even ended up with a spare copy of their book that they just released (apparently a screwup by the printer), and I wasn't the only one.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Linky, please? For the page in question

I'm a fan of S&W, too, and I have been for awhile. I even ended up with a spare copy of their book that they just released (apparently a screwup by the printer), and I wasn't the only one.
                            It was in post #17 in this thread, repeated below for your pleasure.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            You two need to be reminded that you have some very stiff competition for that throne.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              Hell's big enough to subdivide. You can each have a big, ornate throne in a sizable section, and there'll still be plenty left.
                              Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                              "NEED ASAP!!!" sayeth the ticket.....
                              Oh, well, that's easy. "ASAP" means "as soon as possible" (not "immediately" as some folks seem to think). So you will deliver them as soon as possible. If it takes several weeks to complete the order, you still did it as soon as possible.
                              Last edited by XCashier; 09-13-2019, 09:45 PM. Reason: added something
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

According to the Pointy Haired Boss' secretary, ASAP= A Stupid Acting Person
                                My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X