This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore List Not Working

Suffice to say that there is a user I would very much like to add to my ignore list, but I haven't been able to make it work.

Here's the steps I take:
    1. Go to my profile
    2. Click "Buddy / Ignore Lists"
    3. Type the user's name into the "Ignore List" text box
    4. Click "Save List"

Alternately, I've tried this:
    1. Go to the user's public profile
    2. Click "Add <USER> to your Ignore List"
    3. Click "Save List"

In both cases, I click "Save List", and nothing happens on the screen. If you need to know the name of the user, ask, and I'll PM it.

My current setup: Mac OSX, 10.4.11. Firefox 3.0 Beta 2. All cookies allowed, all javascript allowed. No error icons are shown in the status bar when I click "Save List". Just nothing happens (as far as I can tell).

Have you tried checking for posts by that user afterwards? It's possible that it's simply not updating your screen at first, though I don't know why that would be.

Any posts by that user would still show their name, but the post will be replaced by "This user is on your ignore list."
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

If I understand it right, you will see threads posted by them, but if you click to go into the thread then the post will be replaced by the message "This user is on your ignore list".

Rapscallion

Comment

I just checked, using the same setup. That user's posts are still very visible to me.

Comment

Hmm - it works for me. Have you refreshed your local cache?

Rapscallion

Comment

Okay, this is so weird. Looking at the HTML in the browser, it looks like a regular old form submit, which means no javascript funkiness should matter.

And yet FF3b2 fails. IE6 works, though. FF2 also works. Looks like a bug in the beta. I'll file a bug report with FF3 team.

Thanks for helping me to figure it out. I thought I was just being an idiot on what I was doing, somehow, and couldn't understand why.

Comment

Working...
            X