This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hall Of Shame" section?

In light of the elaborate fairy tale posted by Technobill not too long ago, it got me thinking...how about a "cs hall of shame" section, just like there's a "war stories" section. From reading that thread, I got the impression that this isn't the first time someone has come here and posted a wild and incredible story that turned out to be bogus. If that's the case, then maybe a section could be devoted to these fakers who were caught and exposed. It could make for pretty amusing reading. Just a thought.
    "In nature, stupidity is a capital crime; judgement is absolutely impartial, there is no process for an appeal, and the sentence is carried out immediately." -- Anon

Getting proof that something is amiss is fairly difficult. The moderation team do have very good bullshit detectors, and we are suspicious of certain posters, but actually proving it? It's as hard as proving as a tale actually happened the way it was reported - in short, nearly impossible.

An interesting idea, but there are difficulties. It may also tempt people to write their own fiction in an attempt to get into that section.

Rapscallion

Comment

What about having a "hall of shame" section for those who DO break the rules? I do apologise for bringing this one up, but what about people like KayEm? I haven't been on the site that long, but I went back through some of the PFB threads and found the letter she'd written on there. Not necessarily wild/bullshit stories, more people who've taken things too far and have been banned for those reasons. I.e. maybe to help remind people that we're not anti-consumer, pro-employee, rather we're anti-SUCKY CUSTOMER.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
        What about having a "hall of shame" section for those who DO break the rules?
        Because people getting banned for something other than spam just doesn't happen that often. I believe there's been about a half-dozen tops since I started visiting here. Raps might have a more accurate number, but really, it's not very many.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          What about having a "hall of shame" section for those who DO break the rules? I do apologise for bringing this one up, but what about people like KayEm? I haven't been on the site that long, but I went back through some of the PFB threads and found the letter she'd written on there.
          That's reaching back in the memory bank for me....

What some headaches.
          Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 04-02-2009, 01:41 AM.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Praise in public, fuck them in the ear in private - best policy. I occasionally break it, but not on an official and persistant basis.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
            X