This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popping back after 6 years

Hey everyone. I had a sudden interest to see if this website was still around and to my surprise, it's still around after all these years. You may remember me as a student who worked at a Canadian Home Improvement retailer. Well, I'm no longer either and finally have an EXCELLENT full time (non-retail) job that pays extremely well, one that I've had for about two years now. It was a incredible struggle to get to where I am today, but it's too complicated to spell it out here.

I no longer have any interaction with customers of any kind and have a job that is surprisingly similar to what I did in retail. In fact, it was my ground floor experience that got me the job. Needless to say, I'm still a excellent customer and am ALWAYS nothing but polite and friendly no matter what. I worked in the trenches for 9 years and that was FAR too long even for me so I understand how retail workers are some of the best people around.

I probably won't be sticking around for too long (since I don't have too many sucky customer tales) but it's good to catch up with a website that helped me through some really rough times!

The name sounds vaguely familiar. Welcome back!

We're still around, although it's under new ownership.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I remember that name . . . welcome back home.

And there's quite a few of the old guard still around, so to speak.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Welcome back.
        I'm not sure I remember you, but it seems vaguely familiar.

It doesn't matter if you work retail or deal with customers.

We have lots of members who don't work retail or deal with customers, and they still have lots to share with the site.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Canadian Tire?
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. This place is just as great as I remember it ans who knows, maybe I might stay longer than expected. I remember MadMike (still with the same avatar) and HYHYBT very well and I'm pretty sure I knew DGoddessChardonnay as LadyChardonnay.

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
            Canadian Tire?
            Nope. That wasn't me, but I remember that was another member around the same time (out in Calgary). Canadian Tire is more of a general hardgoods retailer (they don't sell any heavy building materials). My place of employment was a regional chain based in Eastern Canada. Here's a hint: it's closest competitor is Home Depot and when I worked there was destroying them in the marketplace.

On the useless fact department, I bet you didn't know the largest Canadian Tire (by a large margin) in the country is within a short drive of me. It's the perfect example of a location that's way too big for what style of store it's supposed to be. I'll bet they would have some incredible sucky customer tales.

Comment

Quoth Viper View Post
              My place of employment was a regional chain based in Eastern Canada. Here's a hint: it's closest competitor is Home Depot and when I worked there was destroying them in the marketplace.
              Now I'm very curious. LOL.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Gawd.... that name... like sounds very very faint in my head. Have... I really been here that long??

No. It couldn't have been. I must be msitaken.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Viper View Post
                  My place of employment was a regional chain based in Eastern Canada. Here's a hint: it's closest competitor is Home Depot and when I worked there was destroying them in the marketplace.

On the useless fact department, I bet you didn't know the largest Canadian Tire (by a large margin) in the country is within a short drive of me. It's the perfect example of a location that's way too big for what style of store it's supposed to be. I'll bet they would have some incredible sucky customer tales.
                  I was going to say Rona, but it might be Kent. See, the largest CT in EASTERN Canada is half a km from my workplace, so I'm wondering if you just might be a neighbor.
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                    I was going to say Rona, but it might be Kent. See, the largest CT in EASTERN Canada is half a km from my workplace, so I'm wondering if you just might be a neighbor.
                    It was Kent. Since I don't haven't worked there in a long time there's no concern with anyone from work finding out I post here!

The Canadian Tire in question (located at Dartmouth Crossing in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia) is much larger than any other CT in Canada. I avoid the place like the plague because I can never find anything.

Comment

Quoth Viper View Post
                      It was Kent. Since I don't haven't worked there in a long time there's no concern with anyone from work finding out I post here!

The Canadian Tire in question (located at Dartmouth Crossing in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia) is much larger than any other CT in Canada. I avoid the place like the plague because I can never find anything.
                      That's because when they moved across town from Westphal, they took all the staff with them, and staff at this store would make Irv think his store ain't so bad after all. I only shop there because it's CT and I know how to find stuff myself, and it's right across the road from Future Shop.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                      X