X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello there!

Hello there,

I’ve been a long time lurker, at least half a decade at this point, definitely from before January of 2009, and the stories and rants here have gotten me through quite a few hard times in my life so I figured that it was finally time to join in and share any stories that I might have.

I’ve held some jobs, one that I can talk about such as being a courtesy clerk at a small local grocery store for a while and at least one that I can’t say much of anything about due to confidentiality that still binds me, if only due more to personal morals more than anything else due to the place having closed down.

As it currently stands, I hold two titles at my current job, Tutor and Academic Mentor, although they are both the same thing in essence, I tutor students up at a local community college in business programs as well as for general computer software use, such as the Microsoft Office Suite of program and it’s a job that I honestly love and would love if I could actually get more hours for it.

That’s not to say that there aren’t some times where things tend to irk me during the job, just that they’re currently few and far between.

On a personal side, I tend to live under a rock. Being from a smaller town I never got exposed to too much and being home schooled for most of my life, I was exposed to even less. So I may be a bit confused by certain aspects and may have to google a lot of things, but I haven’t yet found anything that has me reaching for brain bleach.

Anyhow, I look forwards to sharing a few tales from both my retail days and a few current stories from my current job.

Thanks for having me,

Ternas the Bard

Welcome aboard! We're always glad to have a finely-spun tale with which to pass the time ...Or a less-than-eloquent one, it doesn't matter. We're not particular; we're just here to listen ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Thank you very much for the welcome. And alas, it would probably end up being the latter one most of the time, although I will try my best to keep it as entertaining as possible, though it may just end up being a verbose bunch of word vomit.

I have already written up my first thread from my years back in retail that I shall be posting soon.

Comment

Working...
      X