This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member saying hello

Allo all. Been lurking here for a few months and figured I should finally sign up and post. Like other people here, i to work in the world of tech support. However, I work as an inbound level 1 tech support agent for a moderately sized ISP, who services mostly small, rural towns, in the sou (of the USA). So a lot of my customer base is not the brightest (sorry to any of you who live there, but that has been my experience with the people who call in). Anyway, i shall be posting tales of the sucky customers soon, so stay tuned.

Welcome aboard! Don't worry - any possible stereotype of people in the south of the U.S. will be drowned out by the stereotype (as seen by the community here) of customers, and of people who call tech support. Looking forward to seeing your stories in "unsupportable" - but be sure to anonymize things. Even though a lot of forums here are "member only" for viewing, there's always the possibility that things can get back to an employer, so you don't want a particular post to be identifiable.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

to !

The is over on that table in the back if you're of age, and someone should be along shortly with bacon and cookies.

But, yeah, pretty much what he said. We won't stop anyone from revealing info about where they work, etc, but we do strongly recommend against it. We're friendly types, here. Please feel free to PM me or another mod if you have any questions!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Welcome! Your screenname is delightfully silly.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

it is the username ive had forever.

Comment

Read backwards,its Ek Num Zaps
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Welcome! Have a blast here!

Comment

Working...
              X