This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems posting new thread

I was wanting to post an event that occured to me today and am getting a 500/501 error everytime I try and post a new thread but am able to reply to posts just fine. Is there an explanation for this or is there a wierdness germ going on? Thank you.

Okay> Seeing that this new thread posted okay I tried it again and got the 500 error again. I have tried rebooting. I have cleared the cookies and cache. I am running the latest version of IE. I have not tried flipping over to firefox and posting it but I dont know whats going on.

This is the error I get when using firefox:
    POST to /board/newthread.php not supported.
    Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at www.customerssuck.com Port 80
    And the reason i don't use firefox as my default browser is on dial up it takes forever and a day for firefox to do anything. IE is oddly enogh the faster of the two. But I keep firefox around for those sites that IE gets wonky on.

I've saved the post to my text file so I can try again tomorrow as this clears up usually over night.

Did I miss a memo or something though?
    Last edited by Rahmota; 01-24-2008, 03:45 AM.

Nevermind I think I have it figured out. I finally noticed the thread a few below this where racket_man had trouble responding to a thread. I looked back at my posting and whiel I didnt think it had any particular code in it apparently it did as I took out the quotation marks around a few thigns and cleared it up.

Thank you for your time and support.

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
      I looked back at my posting and whiel I didnt think it had any particular code in it apparently it did as I took out the quotation marks around a few thigns and cleared it up.

Thank you for your time and support.
      Well, I'm not sure what support I gave, but you're welcome.

That's what's so confusing about this problem is that the "code" is not a code that we can see at all. But apparently someone decided that it is, so it is...
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
      X