This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeouts on New Posts

Is there any way of either removing the timeout on the 'new posts' list, or adding a way of re-running the list?

I dont know how long ago i ran it (long enough to get to page 4 of 11, so a while ), and when i went to go to page 5 i got the 'no matching posts' message, and all the posts had been marked as read.

Also got it on the 'show all threads from the last week' search, but thats easy enough to re-run
    "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
    "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
    Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

I noticed something similar. If I go to a section and read a couple of posts then leave when I come back the entire section is marked as read. Is that a setting I can adjust so it only marks posts as read that I actually read?

Comment

There are settings to allow it to be down to actually read to show as read instead of based on time, but it caused some disturbing errors when I tried it out two days back. Some people may have noticed some sql errors. I have an idea about how to make it work, but I'm not going to do anything until I'm certain won't make the forum fall over.

Rapscallion

Comment

I don't think that's worked on any vBulletin version of CS. I used to keep (actually, just started again) a text file on my desktop with the date and hour I last read each forum. Sounds silly, but it works

Of course, if there does turn out to be a way to fix it that doesn't cause trouble, all the better
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Fence sitting. I miss being able to see which individual threads I'd read or not on the last incarnation. But I rejoice in the return of mouseover blurbs on the thread titles.

Comment

We're altering some options here or there and will test database-based remembering of which threads have been read in a short while. Can't promise anything. Though this server is faster and has more ram than the last time cs.com used vBulletin, it still shows it around the edges - very much a resource hog.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
            X