This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC shark fin fiasco video found!

I was looking for the video where a woman throws a temper tantrum over not being able to eat shark fin soup, and I rediscovered this thread.

Too bad that when I clicked on the link, the video was gone.

So I hunted and searched until I found one with the video.

So here it is, unfortunately, without captions. However, here is a translation from one of the comments:

"How come there's no shark's fin?! I need to eat shark's fin! I can't stand for this (literally, apparently), I need to eat shark's fin! How is there no shark's fin, there are so many fish out there?! You tell me, where did all the shark's fin go?! I NEED TO EAT SHARK'S FIN!! You gave it all to other people, you didn't save any for me! I NEED TO EAT SHARK'S FIN! (x3) UNGGGH! Not possible there's no more shark's fin! UNGH!! What are you doing?! (x2) Not allowed to capture (video/photograph)!!"

If you can't find the video there, you may also find it on YouTube here. I put up whatever captions I could remember, plus some from the above comment.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by cindybubbles; 12-03-2014, 07:41 PM.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

you know that could easily be one of those videos they put fake subtitles on like that kid with his keyboard or the hitler video.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

No, I actually understand some Cantonese, so the translation should be at least a little accurate.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I'm not saying the translation is wrong I'm saying that people could use this video to make a joke

like this
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0h3Y4QFAAE (loud german being yelled)
        Last edited by gremcint; 11-22-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

If it was a joke, the quality of the video would be much better, though. My mom says that this is the real thing.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

With the "You gave it to all the other people, why didn't you save any for me?" bit, that could easily be a case of (horrors!) running out of a popular dish. The other people got there first - you snooze, you lose.

Alternately, the other people might not have got it (i.e. unfounded accusation of different treatment). This could be happening in a jurisdiction which bans the sale of shark fin soup (especially if it's soon after the ban came into effect). She doesn't get what she wants, and assumes that the vendor has been selling it to others but withholding it from her in order to spite her.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
              If it was a joke, the quality of the video would be much better, though. My mom says that this is the real thing.
              He means fake captions could be added to the video to form a joke. Kind of like all those Hitler Downfall parodies.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                He means fake captions could be added to the video to form a joke. Kind of like all those Hitler Downfall parodies.
                No, I understood some of the Cantonese, so the captions wouldn't be 100% fake.
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Wow. She drops the ground and starts slapping and kicking the floor in full blown temper tantrum form.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                    Wow. She drops the ground and starts slapping and kicking the floor in full blown temper tantrum form.
                    That was my favourite part.
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                      No, I understood some of the Cantonese, so the captions wouldn't be 100% fake.
                      I think you don't understand what we're saying. here is a parody video fo hitler complaining about windows 8, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0jUPJJC6EM, where they've taking footage of hitler raging out on his general and given it subtitles about windows 8 as a joke.

Comment

Oh, ok. I thought that you thought that it was a gag translation, not a gag video.

It could very well be a gag video. You never know when a temper tantrum could occur in real life, so what was the person trying to record beforehand? We'll never know that either.
                        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Now with whatever captions and translations that I could remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ONYZ_KuwFo

My mom also thinks that this was staged, by the way.
                          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                          X