This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even The Best Person Can Be An SC...

This is a story that involves people I know and I know of.

The waitress and the manager in this story are the same person, something not made clear in the article. She is also a good friend of mine, and this was her first shift alone as the manager on duty. The person walking on their tab is someone I've met a few times, am not all that familiar with, but is good friends with one of my best friends on the island, and by all accounts is a good guy. Just goes to show you that alcohol can make anyone a dick.

[MOD EDIT: Removed text of the article, which was copied in it's entirety, and replaced with a link to the source article. Jester, I know you redacted the names, but a simple Google search would have turned them up anyway].

http://keysnews.com/node/60648

I should note here that I have nothing against the writer in question, that I barely know him, that he is a good friend of a good friend of mine, but that I have no grudge against him. I just find it amusing the such stuff goes on, and that my friend is mentioned repeatedly in the article without being named. For the record, this story was also reported in the Miami press, and said friend has refused multiple interview requests from media in both KW and Miami.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 11-25-2014, 05:38 PM. Reason: Copying and pasting entire articles is against the site rules

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Ya, that is why I only drink 1 or 2 alcoholic beverages during a meal. I do not like the feeling of not being in control of my facilities.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Hell, I'm a drinker, and I often have plenty to drink, and sometimes I get stupid.....but even I don't do shit like that.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, Writer won't be driving for a year. Refusing to take a Breathalyzer is an automatic 1 year suspension.

Most of the other charges will be knocked down, and he'll take a plea, do a few weeks in the county jail, and he'll be done.

Of course, unless he hires a private attorney, he's stuck in jail for Thanksgiving.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Wow. Folks, this has been another episode of "Why This Person Shouldn't Drink!"
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            He told officers he had a medical condition, but that it didn't hinder him from performing field sobriety tests.
            "As [Writer] performed the exercise, it appeared he mimicked the stance of 'The Karate Kid,'" the officer wrote in reference the 1980s martial arts movie.
            I am a bad, bad, evil person. This part cracked me up
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Hell, I'm a drinker, and I often have plenty to drink, and sometimes I get stupid.....but even I don't do shit like that.
              Ya, I know myself when I am sober. I do NOT want to know myself when I am drunk or high. (See my sig for further details )
              I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                Well, Writer won't be driving for a year. Refusing to take a Breathalyzer is an automatic 1 year suspension.
                That is certainly true. I advise friends that if they get pulled over for DUI, take the stinking sobriety test. Maybe your lawyer can get the results thrown out. Maybe the machine is malfunctioning, and you'll pass. But that Implied Consent will get you 12 months suspension, no exception.
                Last edited by Dave1982; 11-25-2014, 05:40 PM. Reason: broken format tag/excessive quoting
                To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                To pursue it with forks and hope;
                To threaten its life with a railway share;
                To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Working...
                X