This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? Blood Sport

Reading CAD, and he made a joke about a Kickstarter for a controller called "Blood Sport". It was (thankfully) suspended.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mersive-gaming

The controller DRAWS BLOOD EVERY TIME YOU GET KILLED.

Sure, donating blood is a great thing. Every healthy person should donate a few pints a year. But this is not a good way to do it.

1) Needles should be left in the arm for as short of time as possible. Too long and there is a risk of injury.
    2) The only thing the donation arm should be doing is squeezing a ball, in a rhythmic pattern, in order to 'bleed properly' (or the blood might clot in the needle).
    3) A video game should NEVER DRAW BLOOD. I do not care if a 'trained technician' is there (note: I am not sure I trust "random guy on Kickstarter").

I am so happy this has been suspended. So many things could go wrong.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Wow. I thought it was a controller that "bleeds" ketchup or fake blood, but not this!

Definitely a dangerous thing to do!
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

From having donated blood a few dozen times, I've found that MOVING the arm with the needle in gets rather PAINFUL. This is a solid object that was never intended to bend/flex placed in with all the moving material in/around the elbow joint.
      Here, we have gaming, which tends to invoke at least SOME motion of the players as they try to squirm out of harm's way, while trying to inflict harm on others.

Also, blood collection for donation, even if that's the intent, isn't something to be dawdling about with. That blood needs to be drained, packed proper and gotten down to proper temperature quickly, for best quality and longevity.

Yeah, this ain't gonna work. way too many WTFs.
      Last edited by Buzzard; 12-04-2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X