This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so much sucky as WTF ...

Business was pretty brisk today (I was on a closing shift).

One woman came through my line with between $200 and $300 worth of groceries.

Customer (repeatedly): "Oh, I hope I've got everything for tomorrow! I hope I didn't forget anything!!"

Me: (thinking) "Lady, it's ONE DAY. AND ... a couple of our sister stores are OPEN tomorrow, damn their managers' hides. And even if they weren't, given the haul you've got here, nobody is going to starve to death in one day."

Then just as I'm ringing in the last few items ... "Oh no! I forgot the zucchini! I forgot the zucchini!!"

Seriously, madam, if your entire New Year's celebration is ruined because you don't have ZUCCHINI ... all I can say is, I'll be having a better New Year's Day than you, with my two cats and my homemade (and hopefully edible) bean and bacon soup.

I don't know if she wanted me to say "Oh, no problem, you can run and get it and I'll wait" but given that there were already two people behind her, that wasn't gonna happen. If zucchini is that important to her end-of-year celebrations, she was welcome to go get some, and then get back in one of the lines.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

If *my* mother forgot the zucchini... *I'd* be celebrating extra loud!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

No, you don't understand what she needed the zucchini for... <runs away waggling eyebrows>

Comment

To play 'hide the salami?'

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
          No, you don't understand what she needed the zucchini for... <runs away waggling eyebrows>
          Quoth marlovino View Post

In nothing sacred to those vegetarians?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post

Zucchini have a surplus of prick-les!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

[Yes, this is an actual movie]

Comment

That zucchini wasn't for the party itself -- it was for the after-party. A solo party, if you will.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

Then just as I'm ringing in the last few items ... "Oh no! I forgot the zucchini! I forgot the zucchini!!"
                  Stuart Suchet to register six please.....
                  (reference to the comic strip 'Retail')

Comment

Working...
                  X