This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not exactly sucky, but kinda unusual...

at my last job employees were suppose to come in through the exit while on shift. and apparently when they're just there to shop, too.

Comment

I worked for a fast food franchise in the early 90s.

Management screwed people on hours, shifts, raises, etc.

BUT if you were in uniform, and waiting at the counter, your money was just as good as anyone else's, and if some customer complained about having to wait in line behind a mere employee, management would tell them just that.
      I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        The new policy is as follows:

If an employee is in line at the bakery and a customer steps in line behind them, the employee MUST remove him or herself from the line and allow the customer to move up.
        There's no way we could follow such a policy at my store. We're a high volume store and break would be over before they got to pay for their food. The employee is a customer at that point and their turn in line doesn't take long. I mean, they are in a hurry to get their food and get off the sales floor before someone asks them for assistance.
        (It's not like the employees are gonna dig for pennies, write a check, have to run to the car because they forgot their wallet, and just basically piddle fuck around throughout the transaction.)
        Customers are just gonna have to suck it up. We haven't had any complaints of this nature but I have had SC's in line behind me who kept looking at me as though they expected me to let them go first. I never have and I never will.
        I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X