This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee, what a surprise.

I went into the store today. The owner (male) told me that the shit had hit the fan.

You see, when I worked there on Sunday, I sold a pair of shoes. Ordinarily, this is good. However, I didn't know the price of the shoes, so I came up with one that seemed appropriate.

It wasn't. The customer bought them, but the price I gave was ONE-TENTH what the (female) owner wanted. I couldn't find the price; it should have been there. This is bad enough, right?

Well, I think so, but there's more. The other employee - you know, that sterling character who got my shift a couple of weeks ago simply by asking for it - realized that I had sold the shoes for a fraction of the intended price, and promptly called the female owner, the one who has a very hot, fly-off-the-handle temper, and told her what I had done.

The male owner told me that the female owner went into a rage, screaming about not having me work there anymore, you name it. He, for his part, likes me and wants me to keep working there. He likes the other employee's ability to make good sales, but he said - and these were his words - "She's a sneaky bitch."

So, there you have it. One employee who is likable but has committed two fuckups that have enraged one of the owners. One employee who kisses ass, informs, and is a sneaky bitch, but makes good sales.

I wonder how long it's going to be before she rips them off, too - assuming that she isn't doing it already.

Quoth Eireann View Post
    I wonder how long it's going to be before she rips them off, too - assuming that she isn't doing it already.
    This was my thought too. Sneaky employees like this kiss ass really well, until they're given responsibilities and allowed to be fully independent (ie: not watched). Even if she doesn't steal, she'll likely slack waaaay off. Of course, that's my own prior experiences with some less-than-awesome coworkers.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

There's a camera in the money-handling area, but who knows? The male owner admitted to me that she's tried some kind of manipulation tactics with him. He didn't say what, but it really boggles my mind that she's the employee they want, the one they hired to replace me, yet she's a nasty, conniving, manipulative asshole. Because she makes good sales.

Isn't there a saying about employers getting exactly the kind of employees they deserve?

Comment

Working...
      X