This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Service

There is a chain restaurant, fairly famous locally, and my family and I have not been there in a long while. It seemed the quality of the food and service had gone way down; the last time we ate there, many of our items were forgotten altogether, and no drink refills happened for ages. We order standard off-the-menu meals, so there were no special requests that would have made remembering the cole slaw or the tortillas on the salad a difficult endeavor. We never complained and always left a nice tip.

Saturday, my brother and I were out and about, and we wanted to stop someplace close for a nice meal. We decided we'd give them another chance. Bad idea... We walked into the place at almost 8pm. There were only around 4 tables with people eating, and about 7 waiters walking about; only two of whom were serving those tables. So, we waited by the "to be seated" sign. And waited. And waited some more. It got truly uncomfortable, since the waiters would look up at us, then just turn and amble away. The manager was checking out a group who was leaving. He looked at us several times, and never once said a word. He gets half a pass because he was taking payments, but he could have said the old standard, "Hi...Someone will be with you in a minute." Or, any one of the not-presently-serving-people waiters could have said that to us.

We finally bailed out and left, disgusted with the place. I checked their hours and they were open till 11pm that day, so we had not walked in right before closing-time. I don't want to be "that person who calls corporate", so we decided to vote with our feet and not go back there again. Plenty other places in the general area have nicer service and better food.

We ended up at Bob Evans and got a great meal and wonderful service, including a really entertaining assistant manager who was just chatting with us for fun.

I'd still let corporate know - although a huge downturn in sales should have alerted them already. It may not be too late to save the place...

Comment

Might be worth at least writing a note to the manager/owner letting them know you won't be coming back. I have the feeling they're used to people just walking out on them. At least letting them know you'll never eat there again maybe that would do some good.

The owner may not even be aware that the manager and employees aren't doing their jobs properly.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
        The owner may not even be aware that the manager and employees aren't doing their jobs properly.
        Hence such shows as Mystery Diners.
        I myself refuse to go to a certain chain because each time I either get good service or good food....never both at the same time
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
          Hence such shows as Mystery Diners.
          I myself refuse to go to a certain chain because each time I either get good service or good food....never both at the same time

Tell me about it. That's why I never go to Chili's any more.

Comment

I think you have an extremely valid reason to complain. You will not become one of "those people" until you basically demand gift cards, whine that they have RUINED CHRISTMAS!, etc., etc. For examples look at any chain restaurant's FB page.

Comment

Don't complain. INFORM corporate of the pour quality of service. They will never know that you are dissatisfied unless you tell them. They need the feedback, both good and bad.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
              X