Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was in the middle of a soap opera tonight ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was in the middle of a soap opera tonight ...

So I got shrieked at tonight by some dude and his Other Half because I opened my driver's door, and then my hand slipped off the door, which proceeded to drift all the way open and TAP the door on *his* Proof of Awesome Studliness. He lost it and began ranting. When his wife came out of the building he told her I'd "hit" his car with my door. I said I had not, to which she replied "If my husband said you hit it, then you hit it!" Such an obedient little Stepford Wifey ...

The way the two Drama Queens carried on, you'd think I had deliberately slammed my door into his at least half a dozen times. At one point she got out her cellphone and using it as a flashlight, she started peering with dramatic intensity at the door ... "THERE'S A MARK!!" No, lady, it's a splash of something ... mud, dust that's been splotched by melting snow ...

It was totally dark, hence the drama of her and her cellphone.

And yes, I had apologized initially. I didn't repeat it, though, since it was obviously a waste of time and breath. I've no idea what they expected from me, but after the cellphone bit, I just started walking towards the door of the building, leaving her to shriek after me that I needed to be more careful when I opened my door *arglblargl* and him moaning about people who damage a $4,000 car ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Wait...wait...

A $4,000 car?? Not $40,000? $4,000?

LOL seriously??
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That's what I heard, LOL.

Seriously, I could have understood it if he had said $40,000 ... although even at that price, given the non-incident it actually was, his reaction would've been over the top.

But yeah ... a $4,000 car.

MINE cost $5,000! And it sure as hell isn't a BMW!
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I drive a junker because I'm broke. Even if I wasn't broke I'd still drive a junker. It's a point of pride that I don't waste money on things that depreciate and that I don't place my self worth in inanimate objects. This dude needs counseling.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

some people can go berserk about their cars. I remember this middle aged lady threw out her door so hard that my car rocked from the force of it. I was very angry but we were in a bad part of town with no police for miles, and she had 4 hulking men with her and I was by myself. By then, my 10 yr old car had been all scratched up already, so I wasn't about to pick a fight, anyway I'm very non confrontational type especially when by myself against 4. Around her, I always try to be careful with my door, cuz if you hit another and they see it, you bet they'll do anything to make you pay around here. After giving you an ass reaming. I would never buy a $40,000 car because I would go nuts if I saw someone hit it. Too stress inducing.
          Can't reason with the unreasonable.
          The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Even if I wasn't broke I'd still drive a junker. It's a point of pride that I don't waste money on things that depreciate and that I don't place my self worth in inanimate objects.
            In this case driving a junker if you have any other choice is a poor financial decision; the money spent trying to keep it on the road (and legal, if your area has laws about minimum standards vehicles have to be at to be road-legal) may be more than the car's worth.

I agree with not buying a new car, but buying one that's a 2 or 3 years old and in reasonable condition with cost you less money in the long run as, in theory, you shouldn't need to do as much work on it to keep it going.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
            X