This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tanasi View Post
    As to the vasectomy: He said the doctors refused because of his age and that he had no children and has never been married. He checked over five doctors and all said the same and religion had nothing to do with it.
    I'm not surprised. I read a story a few years back about a young couple (both were 21, I believe) who got married, and both wanted to get "fixed". They had a very, very hard time finding doctors who would do that for them. I can't find the story right now, and I don't recall if they were in the U.S., or somewhere else.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Now she's stalking him. My wife, youngest son and I were over at his home lasting evening talking and cleaning our gats when my wife heard the gate alarm sound and noticed on the monitor his ex climbing the gate. Then the ex started trying to go tree to tree to hide from the cameras. We had one of our Mastiffs with us so the wife sent him out the side door with orders to hunt. The dog knows the girls but he still chased her off the place right into the arms of the LEOs. Son is going to get an official no-trespass order against her tomorrow for both his place and ours.
      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
        There is a horror story on there recently about the guy wanting kids, so he used a hair dryer on the nuvaring (sp?) and poked holes in all their condoms.
        NuvaRing, it's CamelCase . And how does using a hairdryer on it make it less effective?

Quoth Tanasi View Post
        What else he found out was she is on some sort of meds for mental problems (don't know which kind) and she occasionally skips them as they make her feel "different."
        That's...scary. Good to hear your son got out of there fast!

(Not the fact that she has mental health issues, but the fact that she willingly skips them without consulting her doctor. That's something you REALLY shouldn't mess with unless you're with a good doctor that you can trust.)

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
          NuvaRing, it's CamelCase . And how does using a hairdryer on it make it less effective?
          Apparently. She said something about the heat possibly making it less effective. It's not a birth control option I know much about. But I do remember her saying that she could have used the condoms as mini watering cans.
          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
            Apparently. She said something about the heat possibly making it less effective. It's not a birth control option I know much about. But I do remember her saying that she could have used the condoms as mini watering cans.
            I'm guessing the heat would weaken it somehow.

Quoth EricKei View Post
            MJ - I cannot say for certain, but I have heard tell of vasectomies either being reversed, or in some way losing their effectiveness over time (as in, 20+ years). Thus, I'd say that there must be different methods, with some being reversible, and some carrying the possibility of the relevant tissues healing/reconnecting over time.
            To this point, Eric:

I think the techniques have changed over the years. There's some techniques where they cauterize, and others where they intentionally mis-align, and leave a gap between the severed pieces of the vas deferens so it doesn't grow back together.
            Last edited by EricKei; 01-24-2018, 06:05 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              I'm guessing the heat would weaken it somehow.
              Bit of googling suggests that's likely the case. It recommends not washing it under hot water for example.

Comment

As humorous aside ------ I wonder if the Doctors would try and dissuade me (am late 50's male with NO way NO how NO more desire for anymore kids one was enough thank you) from getting snipped???????

I contemplated it in my early 40's when my then marriage was going to hell (divorced a couple of years later) but crazy life got involved so the idea was put way on the back burner.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                  As humorous aside ------ I wonder if the Doctors would try and dissuade me (am late 50's male with NO way NO how NO more desire for anymore kids one was enough thank you) from getting snipped???????

I contemplated it in my early 40's when my then marriage was going to hell (divorced a couple of years later) but crazy life got involved so the idea was put way on the back burner.
                  I'm seriously considering it, myself. I think the main thing for me is getting my wife on board. We use contraception right now, but I don't know that she's entirely onboard with me getting snipped. I think her argument at this point would be "Why?"

Comment

Consider this a public advisory not directed at anyone in particular. This is a bit of a touchy subject, and some verbiage in here is, at the very least, toeing the Fratching line. If you'd like to start a proper debate thread on the subject, please do so at Fratching and then link it in here. In the meantime, if it's on CS, that means explaining your own situation is fine (e.g. facts about contraception methods, personal anecdotes etc), but calling others out in any way is absolutely NOT. Please back off juuuust a little bit.

Thank you.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X