Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note to some of the dog owners in my neighborhood -

PLEASE STOP letting your dogs run around loose in your front yard, especially at night when other people are likely to be walking their dogs. Your dog might be perfectly fine around other animals, but I have NO way of knowing that, and my female dog does NOT react well when she's approached by unfamiliar dogs. (my male dog doesn't care as much, but if a fight starts, he'll jump in and get involved)

This was inspired by an encounter with a neighbor's dog tonight......I could swear they were just standing there staring while I was trying to pull/get my two dogs away from theirs. (a fight kind of started, then one of the dog's owners finally came over and got him)

Comment

• I'm wondering how much trouble I'd be in with the local authorities if I call the non-emergency line about my neighbors behind me and their too damn loud music. Because, honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of listening to it and have it in mind to call the non-emergency line every time I hear something from them.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• I will never understand why the guy next door finds it necessary to slam his front door at 5:30 in the goddamn morning. He left a minute before I did and *slam* went the door. I went out and closed my door quietly like I know I can. For fuck's sake just because we are leaving early doesn't mean others aren't sleeping. And I myself will be sleeping at that time for the next two mornings!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Dear neighbors--

Recycling day is Monday. After the recycling is collected on Monday, please take your recycling bin back up to your house, instead of leaving it by the curb, directly in front of our driveway.

I appreciate that we accidentally left our own recycling bin by the curb for a few weeks. But this is because there was nothing on it to indicate it was ours. Once we were informed it was, we took it into our garage and have been diligent in bringing our empty bins up from the curb.

Yours, however, spent four days by the curb. And it's not as if you weren't leaving the house and didn't see it. By leaving it there, you risk having it accidentally run over as we leave our driveway. (The layout of our court being the main cause of this risk.)

As you left it there, I "helpfully" dragged it up to your driveway and left it behind your car. Clearly, you realized the problem, as you have since moved it back with the rest of your bins at the back end of your driveway. Please be more careful with it in the future.

Sincerely
          an annoyed Winger
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
            I'm wondering how much trouble I'd be in with the local authorities if I call the non-emergency line about my neighbors behind me and their too damn loud music. Because, honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of listening to it and have it in mind to call the non-emergency line every time I hear something from them.
            We did that on our across-the-street neighbors one night. The officer at the other end said we should call whenever they are too loud. Don't sweat it. Call.

Granted, we had to call 911 on them a few months later for a domestic that rapidly turned into attempted vehicular homicide and then assaulting an officer...

Good times...
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

• ^ Yes, call. I have done so for years. A business has shut down (loud club).
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Crossbow View Post
                We did that on our across-the-street neighbors one night. The officer at the other end said we should call whenever they are too loud. Don't sweat it. Call.

Granted, we had to call 911 on them a few months later for a domestic that rapidly turned into attempted vehicular homicide and then assaulting an officer...

Good times...
                Quoth Food Lady View Post
                ^ Yes, call. I have done so for years. A business has shut down (loud club).

I've got the number for the line by my desktop, just in case I need to call it. Should the need arise to call it I will, because it usually starts happening around 6 at night and doesn't stop until sometime before 10. Which is typically when loud noise complaints are taken a LOT more serious.

Thankfully there hasn't been any music playing since my previous post.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• It's rude no matter what time of day.

Comment

• Who has a loud conversation in the bathroom at 1:00 in the morning??

Comment

• Why do you insist on revving that engine every. half. hour?? 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, midnight! I'm so sick of all of you.

Comment

• It's 2 AM and the reason your key isn't working in the lock is because you're at the wrong unit. x_x It's creepy, go away.

Also... this isn't so much sucky as wow? What did you guys down the hall DO that got the police to break down your door? That fancy lock you had on it seems suspicious now. Note: They were very quiet.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          Why do you insist on revving that engine every. half. hour?? 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, midnight! I'm so sick of all of you.
                          A couple of miles from my home there is a business that builds race engines and race car chassis. When they test the engines they're supposed use a huge muffler contraption (it's the same size as a 5000 gallon tank.) It's not unusual to hear those engines running wide open when their dyno-testing. Very very loud and my neighbors complain about my tractors that are much more quiet.
                          I used to have a neighbor that rebuilt aircraft engines, those are even louder and he didn't use any kind of mufflers.
                          Good luck with your neighbors.
                          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• asshat bogan neighbours with their loud 4WD and new shiny loud motorbike and their 9pm drunk tuning sessions in the driveway and their inability to go anywhere without a 15 minute chat in the driveway with their vehicle of choice idling and their stinky exhaust fumes everywhere

Comment

• Quoth Valentinian View Post
                              asshat bogan neighbours with their loud 4WD and new shiny loud motorbike and their 9pm drunk tuning sessions in the driveway and their inability to go anywhere without a 15 minute chat in the driveway with their vehicle of choice idling and their stinky exhaust fumes everywhere
                              Is it bad that I can very easily fill in those blanks with some very good Aussie swear words? There should be a few 'f's and a few 'c's and maybe a few 'b f's.

I feel you on the neighbours revving the shit out of their vehicles. I used to crash at a friend's place after big Saturday nights. Their neighbour was a morning person. At the ass-crack of dawn they would start and 'work' on (read 'rev the shit out of') their boat, bike or 'my dick is so small so I have to compensate' ute. Even with all the doors and windows closed, the house would fill with fumes. Repeated calls to EPA, police, landlord and council got no where, so my friend broke their lease after just 4 months.
                              A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• Did your friend’s neighbour tune drunk? Because my neighbour tunes drunk. The vehicles probably wouldn’t need tuning so often if he didn’t.

And you’re more creative than me, all my swear words were coming out starting with f last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X