No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back when "24" was on, I think it would have been funny to show episodes of Jack Bauer getting ready for bed/sleeping/waking up in the morning...

After all, it was supposed to be a "real time" show, right??
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      People are all excited about Black Panther being the first black superhero movie. I guess Spawn wasn't mainstream enough do most people don't know about it.
      Sorry, Spawn was a bit rubbish. The first decent superhero movie and the first mainstream black superhero movie was Blade.

Yes, I know Superman came out earlier, but it was nearly as cheesy as the 60s Batman series. Blade was the first decent grown-up superhero movie.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• So I'm watching Channel 7's coverage of the Winter Olympics and the short track speed skating has actually piqued my interest a little.

Two observations from this:

- The changeovers during the relay events are very weirdly hypnotic. (Although hilarious in one instance, when one of the skaters wiped out just before the changeover period, resulting in his teammate looking very confused and wondering why he wasn't getting a "push" )

- The shorter relay events seem to be more like roller derby on ice: there's a lot of jostling and nearly every heat seems to involve one skater wiping out. (Yes, I know Steven Bradbury won a gold previously due to this )

Comment

• Invisible Cat

Whilst saving the world from my throne the almost empty dispenser of bogpaper quietly unrolled itself onto the floor...

Probably not cat, as the paper was not shredded throughout the house.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• What is the term "authentic person" supposed to even mean?
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              What is the term "authentic person" supposed to even mean?
              They weren't created in Dr. Frankenstein's laboratory?
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Q: Know what the band Limp Bizkit does for fun?
                A: They go Bowlin', Bowlin', Bowlin', Bowlin'!

Comment

• After 2 months of 40s & 50s here's today! I told the neighbor running her snowblower, "If you blow even an ounce onto my driveway... I shall snivel!"
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• You know how in some games, like pocket billiards (pool) you can put "English" on a ball? Well, can you put Spanish, German, or some other language on it? Why English?

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                      You know how in some games, like pocket billiards (pool) you can put "English" on a ball? Well, can you put Spanish, German, or some other language on it? Why English?
                      We invented it, that's why!
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                        We invented it, that's why!
                        I knew that. It was discussed in the show Maid Marian and her Merry Men: A Game Called John.

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          I knew that. It was discussed in the show Maid Marian and her Merry Men: A Game Called John.
                          If the Spanish had been successful we would be putting Spanglish on it.
                          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• I've been amusing myself between calls at work today by getting my cube-neighbors "woke" to the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide.

Once one of them understood the gag, he couldn't stop laughing and said, "I wish I'd known about this while I was still in the military."
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• They used to bury people with all the material possessions they would need in the afterlife. Can I just be buried with my To Be Read pile? Because I'll be dead of old age before I finish them all.
                              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                                They used to bury people with all the material possessions they would need in the afterlife. Can I just be buried with my To Be Read pile? Because I'll be dead of old age before I finish them all.
                                I like that idea. To be buried with my to be read books, to be watched movies and shows, and to be played games. That should keep me out of the reincarnation cycle for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X