X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refuse

Quoth UK Worker View Post
    That night my till was £9 DOWN..... first time it's ever been down by a large amount like that. Normally it's spot on or approx 15p down or up.
    Now you know.

In the future refuse to do more than one job at a time.

You should have counted the money only. Then you refuse to do more than one transaction at a time afterwards. She was a scam-artist, she knew if she confused you with too many jobs at the same time that she would skim off some dough.

Next time make it work in your favour. Count the money out slowly on a separate area that she can't reach. If she complains point out it is your job to do the counting, not her's and there is no need for her to touch the money till you are done. Take your time, double check, triple check if you want.

If she interrupts, start the count from the beginning. Yes, there will be a line, yes your manager is a woss. Be firm with him, my manager now knows it is seems fishy to me that I will refuse to do what I don't agree with unless it is in writting. And if he can't put a command on paper then I have good reason to suspect that it is not a legal order.

Comment

In Theory, If you used your TV only to play your game console or too watch DVD then you wouldn't need a License. But they really don't look at it like that and you would probably end up in Court anyway. Shops by law have to record the name and address of everybody who buys a TV Set, VCR or Recordable DVD Player
      I had to do this the other day. The guy first game me a random postcode, then tried to give me another, which didn't go through (obviously, as they either don't exist or were wrong) then finally gave me "his neighbour's" address (which he told me after I'd entered the info) so I completed the transaction.... and told my manager who managed to get his reciept so we have the exact date and time, and can get him on the CCTV as soon as we get someone asking why they recieved a TV licencing letter under a non-existant name (yep, that was fake too)

I'm sorry, but if you're gonna try and commit fraud, DON'T tell the person that you're doing it to!?!
      "Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

Customer: (She storms off shouting and swearing like a little kid couldn't have any chocolate)
        Little kids swear when they can't get any chocolate???!!! What is this world coming to??
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

'round here? Yes. Yes they do...

"Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

Found it a tad strange that she would continue to use her husbands surname when no longer married - but hey thats nothing to do with me and each to their own.
            Because the last 18 years of their employment history is in that name?

Comment

Found it a tad strange that she would continue to use her husbands surname when no longer married - but hey thats nothing to do with me and each to their own.
              How about because it's a huge pain in the neck to get your name changed. Unless you really didn't like your ex or you really are attached to your maiden name, I see no pressing reason to change it back.

I still have the same surname as my ex. It's my name, too, now. Although if I get married again (very likely, eventually) then I'll go through all that hassle again with all the changing, only now it'll be worse as I still have no birth certificate, cannot find my affidavit of birth, and there are about ten times the number of things I'd have to have changed. Bleh.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X