This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I kick your puppy?

Ok first a few things. I don't expect workers to be all sunshine and roses, and never have told anybody to smile. I know people have bad days, and I could have read the whole situation wrong.

Today I went to a dollar store looking for Iodine, couldn't find it anywhere.. so I approached a worker and asked if they carry it. I got the evilest glare I've ever seen, they threw a box to the side and growled 'We don't carry that" I could have swore I kicked their puppy or something. People have bad days, I understand that, and I am not going to raise a fuss to management or anything. The glare lasted all the way through checkout (they were the cashier also), and I still don't know if I did something wrong or what.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Everyone does have bad days but if you can't hide it better than THAT, you shouldn't be in retail.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      Today I went to a dollar store looking for Iodine, couldn't find it anywhere.. so I approached a worker and asked if they carry it. I got the evilest glare I've ever seen, they threw a box to the side and growled 'We don't carry that"
      Who pissed in this guy's JoyJoys?

Comment

Dunno, is iodine being used to make some kind of illegal drug now? I hadn't heard it goes into meth, but what do I know...?

Just thinking it could explain the attitude.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Dunno, is iodine being used to make some kind of illegal drug now? I hadn't heard it goes into meth, but what do I know...?

Just thinking it could explain the attitude.
          I think it's combo of iodine no longer being considered all that great for home use and the fact that properly combined with another common household chemical can be used to create an explosive.

A *very* unstable one. Only safe to handle when wet. When dry, you can detonate it by dropping a feather on it.

Comment

Hadn't heard of that.. we finally did find some at a different location. I would just chalk it up to resting scowl (some say I have a face like that), except with the person in front of me they were all cheerful and smiles.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

This would have me fuming.

It bugs the crap out of me when I'm being nice and courteous, and somebody goes into bitch mode on me for no reason!
              The only rational conclusion I can come to is maybe the clerk mistook you for someone else? That's still no excuse, though.
              I hate mean people :-(

Comment

Working...
              X