This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial 'corporate complainer'

Putting this in sightings because I'm in a dual-store* and this is happening in the shop next door.

There's a woman (SCC) who frequents the store next door and she's horrible. She started out just picking fault with everything (misleading signs mostly) but then she wanted discounts all the time. My boss was lenient with her at first but then she wanted more and more, and eventually my boss said no. Not liking this, SCC complained to corporate, stating that boss was very rude. Boss got an earful from corporate, even though she wasn't rude in any way shape or form.

SCC came back and got really nasty, probably stemming from the fact that someone stood up to her and wouldn't give her what she wanted. She started yelling at the young cashier that a sign was misleading and that she wants a discount NOW. The cashier told her she'd just get the boss. SCC told cashier she was stupid, and to just give her the damn discount or she would complain to corporate and get her fired. Cashier said no.

Naturally, SCC complained to her best friend, corporate. Boss got an earful again, but boss didn't say anything to young cashier, because boss knows that SCC is full of shit, even though corporate doesn't.

SCC came back yet again and started being horrible to boss, calling her every name under the sun, and that corporate believes every word she tells them and then started bragging that they gave her hundreds of £'s worth of gift vouchers, but that she'll spend them elsewhere and then bring them back here to get a refund and that there's nothing boss can do about it. My boss told her to get out of the store. SCC complained to corporate that boss was rude and, get this, refused to serve her when presented with gift vouchers.

The last incident took place when the card machine was offline. This is an ongoing problem. They've had technicians out and everything. It works for an hour, then goes down. This is no one's fault. SCC came back and wanted a refund, but she paid by card, so it had to go back on the card. When told about this, SCC went batshit crazy, cussing and calling my boss all sorts of names. Boss tried to placate her with vouchers, but SCC told her to 'do one'. Naturally, the next day, boss got a call from corporate. SCC told them that boss was rude and called her names, and refused to serve her at the till.

My boss is telling me all this as it happens and I'm just floored that this woman can behave so nastily and continuously lie to corporate.... and that they seem to believe every word this nasty piece of shit tells them. I told boss she needs to be banned, so she's thinking about it. She's a nasty piece of work. What if someone gets fired due to her lies? It's just not on. She needs to go.

I'll probably have to update this at some point. Hopefully it will end on a good note, and she'll be banned.

*We share a stock room and office, have the same boss overlooking both parts, are part of the same company, but with separate areas (I'm in home decor) and tills, and separate sales targets.

Next time SCC comes in and causes trouble, Boss needs to be proactive and fire off a report to Corporate before SCC does. Bonus if you can include security footage that shows SCC being a bullying bitch to the employees or the boss. Corporate needs to see that this idiot is just looking for a freebie / handout / trouble.

Heh. Until you mentioned her paying in pounds, I thought maybe you were dealing with the same repeat offender who's plagued my store.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If the boss has pockets in her shirt, I wonder if she could get a small recording device, and record (at a minimum, audio) what goes on. Then she at least has some kind of proof.

OF course, SCC could just say that it's been edited, or whatever, but still...

I do agree with security tapes, though. If there's security video, that could be used.

This lady, I think, is looking to get someone fired at this point.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Security tapes w/ audio would be ideal in this situation. They could be presented to corporate as proof of the SCC's lies and outrageous behaviour, and outright threats she makes. It is pretty clear that she is only out to stir up as much shit as she can. I wonder...is she related to anybody who used to work there that may have been unceremoniously let go? Could be that she has one hell of a grudge against that location in general. I'm not saying it's right of her to behave like she does, but it might explain why she feels justified in being a complete bitch.

Comment

Agree with all of this, SCC is a serial scammer looking for as many freebies as possible and will lie through her teeth and make everyone else miserable to get them.

Definitely get either security cameras or a recorder to prove to corporate that SCC is nothing but a troublemaker and a drain on profits.

What really galls me is that corporate believes SCC over their own employee...

Comment

Ugh, this is just like when a parent has a few kids, and one bully's the other, then complains to the parent that they're being bullied instead. Or, with a teacher, and the same thing. Jesus, it's the same damn thing, just a couple decades down the line.

People never fucking grow up do they?
            I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
            In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
              Security tapes w/ audio would be ideal in this situation. They could be presented to corporate as proof of the SCC's lies and outrageous behaviour, and outright threats she makes.
              And Corporate will ignore the physical evidence and still side with the SC. It has happened before.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                And Corporate will ignore the physical evidence and still side with the SC. It has happened before.
                One would hope not, but you're right...

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  This reminds me of the infamous Vinegar Boy story.
                  O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

I'd record the conversations anyway.

Is there anything police-worthy that she's done?

Comment

Quoth flyonthewall View Post
                      I'd record the conversations anyway.

Is there anything police-worthy that she's done?
                      It's more civil than criminal, but technically every complaint she's made counts as Slander. One of my distant colleagues pointed this out recently when they were denied the right to reply to the accusations being levelled at them, and now my managers all make sure to check both sides before issuing any compensation.
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

"Ma'am, if you find our signs so misleading, our employees so rude, and our equipment so inadequate, why is it that you keep coming back?"
                        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                          "Ma'am, if you find our signs so misleading, our employees so rude, and our equipment so inadequate, why is it that you keep coming back?"
                          She should be asked this. Her answer would be interesting....especially if it's recorded for future use

Why the hell does corporate keep giving in? Isn't it obvious by now that she's making shit up to get freebies?
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Why the hell does corporate keep giving in? Isn't it obvious by now that she's making shit up to get freebies?
                            Because as we all know that is what most (not all) corporations do these days to just to retain even a money/profit losing customer.

My pizza company is much the same even with super serial scammers/complainers. Most of my stories involve customer like the above just keep on getting free shit over and over and over and over again.

Complain to the store. Store will refuse obvious scam. complain to the franchise office or corp. office and they will immediately issue free shit coupons or direct store to give free shit over and over and over again.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              Because as we all know that is what most (not all) corporations do these days to just to retain even a money/profit losing customer.

My pizza company is much the same even with super serial scammers/complainers. Most of my stories involve customer like the above just keep on getting free shit over and over and over and over again.

Complain to the store. Store will refuse obvious scam. complain to the franchise office or corp. office and they will immediately issue free shit coupons or direct store to give free shit over and over and over again.
                              This indeed seems to be an ongoing trend, and one that makes absolutely NO sense!

Corporate really needs to put its people in the trenches every once in a while to see that these asinine policies simply DO NOT WORK IN REAL LIFE!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X