This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non sighting/really?

Went 35 mi to my "local" Vet hosp to file an appeal on my cond. Got done faster than planned and there's a mall there. Ok let's xmas shop.
    There's a Orange Julius stand. Wow, haven't been to a mall or seen one of them in more years think I'll hit it on the way out. Didn't see anyone at the counter, but no biggie, had shopping to do.

Went to Sears saw a camera for her, in a case. took 10 min to get some help. Now busy, just no staff. ok he had to find keys, 4 min later has keys, none open, try again, get other keys, no open, get someone else no open.
    my turn
    2 long thin glass doors with a clip on slider lock, that was little loose.
    I pop the outer glass door over the lock keeper with thumb and forefinger.
    Keeping panels apart I push the slider down the lock track and into the case.
    BAM open case! The salesman just stared.
    So I walk the whole mall, pick up something for son, time to go home.
    Go to stand, there's 2 girls waiting and have been, and a sign on the register.
    "no one here, be back soon"
    Waited 5 min, a guy walked up waits a sec and says the sign has been there for over an hour!

So much for getting one for nostalgia.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Used to have a jewelry stand in my mall that was notorious for doing that. Lots of customers would complain of how there was nobody ever there to help. And then the stand had the gall to complain that they never got business. Or that things would go missing!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

This was at a Sears? No wonder Sears-KMart is going out of business, with that sort of service! Wow! Nice case opening skills, though!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
        This was at a Sears? No wonder Sears-KMart is going out of business, with that sort of service! Wow! Nice case opening skills, though!
        I was thinking the same thing standing there.
        Plus I couldn't remember the last time I was in a "mall" min 6 years ago.
        I see I'm not missing anything.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Before our closest Big Kmart closed, you couldn't find anyone on the floor to help you get items. You couldn't find a cashier if you managed to get the items. I swear, they brought in the tumble weeds to blow through the store.

Sears in the same city is now going that way. They even closed out the parts center there, in favor of... actually, I'm not sure what they replaced it with. Last time I was in there, only registers opened were in Men's and Appliance/hardware. If you had any questions about appliances, electronics, or tools, you were in for a LOOOOONNNNGGG wait. It would have been faster to order a product online and have it shipped to your house than to shop there.

And this is the chain that survived Montgomery Ward's going belly up. :sigh:
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I do old fashion guy shopping, I know what I want , shopping is a byproduct of finding it. Inc having it in hand. Cell phones have killed digital cameras. You have the POS really cheap/toy ones, Full blown $600 phototog SLR's and ones that could fit in a cassette case. I wanted one that's about the size/feel of a old reg 35mm camera and not $200+ or $20 Dora the exp. The ad pics were not helping. I did Best buy and a few other places 1st that were no help. After I found it the semi local camera store sent out an ad and I did good.
            AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
            X