This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly parker complained about my husband's uniform shirt

My husband talked about this incident, which happened several months ago, today with a friend/co-worker of his.

In addition to working as a porter Monday through Friday, my husband also works as a cashier at another garage that is also managed by our employer. A different facility manager is over that garage.

The uniform shirt for that garage is different for that garage, and my husband did not have one. So he asked the facility manager of that garage if he could get one. The facility manager told him that his direct supervisor only wanted him to get uniforms for his immediate staff. My husband is considered support staff. So my husband was told to wear the uniform shirt that he wears to work Monday through Friday plus a black pair of pants.

One day while working a monthly parker asked my husband why was he not wearing the uniform shirt that the employees who work at that garage wear. So my husband explained to the monthly parker the reason why.

The monthly parker then said "Well... shouldn't you be wearing the same uniform shirt as well?"

The monthly parker complained to the facility manager of that garage about the fact that my husband was wearing a different uniform shirt.

According to the facility manager, a uniform shirt has been ordered, but it is on back order.

My rhetorical question would be is: "WHY is the parker all that concerned about uniform shirts??"

Yes I know what board I am on..
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Some people really need lives...

Comment

I honestly wouldn't have even noticed.

BUT, if I had, I might say something to management so the employee could get the proper shirt...as long as the employee didn't have to buy it themselves. Not because I really cared, but because I know that its easier to have several uniform shirts than just one.

Honestly, I would have probably thought about doing it, then forgot by the time I got close to my computer where I could shoot off an email.

Comment

and in all honesty who should care in the first place (except management)?

At my pizza place I have at least 3 (possibly more if I search around enough in my old cloths bags) completely different work shirts I can wear and all are mostly "legal".

How is some customer going to know exactly which is the current (and in theory the only one) "legal" uniform shirt???????
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Who cares?? I have had people go on and on about the color of my shirt. Look, it's in the right color family and the managers have no problem. People do need lives.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

We are issued polo shirts with a phrase on, and I usually wear a same colour tank or long-sleeve tee underneath because I do stocking and that extra layer is useful for when I'm stretching to reach something.
              I spent most of the summer not wearing my uniform shirt, because it was too hot! My bosses didn't object to a plain tee in the same colour, as long as I looked professional and did my job properly. Now the weather's turned, I'm wearing the polo shirt again.

No complaints from anybody either way!

Comment

Working...
              X