Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And as Grandpa Simpson once observed, the fax machine is nothing more than a waffle iron with a phone attached.

Comment

My only experience with TFA was seeing two guys in Jedi robes exit my lobby at 9pm on the way to a showing. They actually came in from Grand Junction to see the movie in IMAX (a four hour drive, and that's not including weather in the mountains). Yeesh people are nuts for Star Wars.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        My only experience with TFA was seeing two guys in Jedi robes exit my lobby at 9pm on the way to a showing.
        My theater has had a strict "no costumes" policy since the unfortunate Dark Knight shooting spree in 2012.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          My theater has had a strict "no costumes" policy since the unfortunate Dark Knight shooting spree in 2012.
          The theater itself is back up and running (with auditoriums relabeled) and their policy was just simply no masks. I have a friend on Facebook who posted a picture of his son in full costume, but explained when he goes to the actual showing, he won't be allowed the mask. Hence the picture beforehand.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

We are the other side of Denver from there. Theaters here won't allow any handheld costume elements (no lightsabers) but robes are OK. I'm guessing there may be a No Masks policy as well but the Jedi costumes didn't include those anyway. The theater the shooting was in is not using the actual auditorium where it happened, just the other screens. There was a community vote to keep it open, it wasn't a heartless corporate decision. Aurora didn't want to let terror win.
            Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 12-26-2015, 11:39 AM.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

That's my go to theater to see movies. I didn't know the actual auditorium was closed. First movie I saw after the remodel was Frozen.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
              X