Go Back   Customers Suck! > Orientation > New members

Closed Thread

Currently Working Retail
Old 04-28-2016, 08:35 PM
Metal-American

Default Currently Working Retail

I would like to say greetings to the board. I am currenty working retail in a retail store. My username is simply an observation regarding the general lack of functionality of way too many customers.

I don't mind going to work (for the work), but far too many braindead morons are walking around the place for the work to be completely satisfying. I'm pretty sure that these opinions are held by many on the forum, and that's why I came here.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:38 AM
Insert clever title here

to Great username, btw.

Yes, I've noticed how oblivious, deliberately stupid, and totally self-absorbed some people are, to the point where they honestly don't comprehend that there are other people on the planet besides themselves. It's sick.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:56 AM
Long live Gaz

Welcome aboard! We're friendly sorts. If you have any questions, just drop me or another mod a PM.
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 05-01-2016, 02:15 AM
Metal-American

Quote:
Quoth XCashier View Post
to Great username, btw.

Yes, I've noticed how oblivious, deliberately stupid, and totally self-absorbed some people are, to the point where they honestly don't comprehend that there are other people on the planet besides themselves. It's sick.
I honestly don't think that they are deliberately stupid. They are genuinely stupid.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:15 AM
Philosophical Tomato

Some of the deliberately stupid ones know what they're doing (playing dumb to get their way and/or get the employee in trouble because they're having a bad day). May or may not actually be smarter than they look.

Others are far too stupid to even comprehend the concept of 'deliberately' (hence genuinely stupid and I wonder how they managed to get dressed without hurting themselves).

Old 05-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Insert clever title here

Thanks, DS, that is exactly what I meant by "deliberately stupid".

Sometimes it can be difficult to tell someone who's playing stupid from someone who is genuinely stupid. Other times, it's blatantly obvious, but you can't call them out on it, they'll only turn up the volume. Either way, it's bloody irritating.
Closed Thread