X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I throw a stick...

...will you run away?

I don't encounter to many customers of suckitude lately. (I just jinxed myself - but that's okay) The thing I encounter the most anymore is people who are just all up in my grill while I'm trying to do my job. I know I'm a girl, and I know you've probably never seen a girl driving a tow truck before, let alone operating one, but please - standing inside my personal space is not going to help either one of us. If you stand close enough to me or follow me around the truck or watch my every move - Murphy's Law states I will make a mistake. Do you watch boy tow truck drivers so closely??!?!! Sometimes, I remedy this by eating a sammich from one of my favorite sammich shops loaded with onions! But, I can't do that all the time.

Today, my first call was for a Cadillac that had gotten into an accident. The driver side fender was smashed up pretty good. I was loading the car on a downhill slope. Mr. Cadillac Owner was very concerned with his baby's rear end rubbing the ground on the way up the bed. So, I have a remedy for this type of thing. I can load the vehicle using 4x4's under the bed as to lift the car up 4" and clear the rear end from scraping. He looked at me as if I were crazy when I was setting the board up. He followed me all the way around the truck (I did make it a point to do some extra walking - but I was smiling and chit chatting the entire time - only I knew I was doing extra walking.) He watched like a hawk as I pulled the caddy up on to the bed and was ABSOLUTELY AMAZED that my little trick worked.

The worse of these types of hanger ons are the ones that stand over my shoulder when I am attempting to unlock their vehicle. Standing right behind me will not open your doors faster!!!!! GO AWAY!!! SHOO!

*sigh* that's all my ranting for now. Colder, crappier weather is on the way and I will long for the days I only had people who wanted to be close to me.

*why do birds suddenly appear....*
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
    Today, my first call was for a Cadillac that had gotten into an accident. The driver side fender was smashed up pretty good. I was loading the car on a downhill slope. Mr. Cadillac Owner was very concerned with his baby's rear end rubbing the ground on the way up the bed.
    Let me get this straight, he gets in an accident, in which his fender get smashed, and is worried about the rear rubbing the ground... Right
    Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      ...Sometimes, I remedy this by eating a sammich from one of my favorite sammich shops loaded with onions! But, I can't do that all the time.
      Ever tried farting or picking your nose?

Honestly, people like that are so small-minded...*sigh*
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Sometimes, I remedy this by eating a sammich from one of my favorite sammich shops loaded with onions! But, I can't do that all the time.
        Coffee makes your breath smell really raunch too.

I second iradney's suggestion of letting loose a Force-10 pantsbuster on occasion. Can be good for giving yourself a little personal space. But if actually doing that is repulsive to you, you can always invest in this
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Skrae View Post
          Let me get this straight, he gets in an accident, in which his fender get smashed, and is worried about the rear rubbing the ground... Right
          Yup. That's right. You see, the funnier thing is a lot of people get concerned with all sorts of different cars. What I don't get - it's the UNDERSIDE of the car that will rub. WHO THE HELL BESIDES YOUR MECHANIC will be rolling around under the car to see the scrape marks from the road - if there are any!

Now, there are cases where a suped up car has a nice shiny muffler and nice paint job where I can understand the owner not wanting to mess it up. But, people also pull that crap on hunks-o-junks!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Coffee makes your breath smell really raunch too.

I second iradney's suggestion of letting loose a Force-10 pantsbuster on occasion. Can be good for giving yourself a little personal space. But if actually doing that is repulsive to you, you can always invest in this
            Uh. Yeah. I don't think I'll be cutting loose any "force-10 pantsbusters". I have considered it, but I just can't do it.

Comment

Girls who can do 'boy stuff' are:
              a) Sexy
              b) A wonder
              c) A crime against nature
              d) All of the above.
              e) Just people, like everyone else.

Unfortunately, an awful lot of people think a through d, and not enough think e. That's why they're following you around.

Me, I'd probably follow you around too - but more because I'd want to figure out if you were using a hydraulic or winch-based truck, and just how it worked, and what sort of gearing if it was winch-based, and . . .
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                Girls who can do 'boy stuff' are:
                a) Sexy
                b) A wonder
                c) A crime against nature
                d) All of the above.
                e) Just people, like everyone else.

Unfortunately, an awful lot of people think a through d, and not enough think e. That's why they're following you around.
                depending on the guy stuff I would say either A or E. But then I wouldn't be following her around. Engaging in conversation certainly, but not tailing her as she does her job.
                I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                X