This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So your a computer person?

Did another PC refresh it was fun lots of self proclaimed computer people. They weren't capable of following the step by step instructions that we had been given in PDF form, that were clear as day. Friend's wife who knows nothing about computers was with the program within the first 2 hours, and when she had a problem came to us, we showed her what to do and the lead was impressed he only needed to cover things once. While the rest of the crew came up and asked the same questions over and over.

Out of the 9 new people I worked with, I would only ever work with ONE of them again. Everyone else was a damn nightmare, I have a problem with "experienced techs" that aren't capable of doing basic tasks that are LAID out step by step where someone who has never changed a workgroup before could follow along! Not to mention the amount of time they tried to extend the project by working in large groups to fix attempt to fix common problems and got no where.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Reminds me of the tale a chum of mine tells from the era when DOS was pretty much the main OS out there.

He was working in his department and an outside company had sent someone to deal with an issue on one of the computers. The external guy said he knew how to fix the problem and he just needed to delete the stuff in a directory and re-install.

"Er, how do I delete what's in this directory?" he asked.

Chum blinked. "Del star dot star," he suggested.

A minute later came the plaintive cry, "It's not working!"

Chum took a look. Instead of the asterisk, said computer knowledgeable person was typing out 'star dot star'.

Rapscallion

Comment

Feh. Experienced at picking their noses, obvvy.
      I'm so sorry that you had to be the one to put up with this!
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Most good "computer experts" won't say that when they're working with tech suport.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Silly, they can't reference the pdf once they bork their computer during their refresh... Print it first?

Comment

Working...
          X