This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Warning For Customers

With Black Friday and Christmas around the corner, who among you are warning your customers in advance about possible shortages on hot items and what are they?

Where I work, the Big Yellow Price Tag has already sold through its pre-orders on the new Nintendo Wii-U game system, so I've been giving my customers advance notice. Likewise, there's a couple of other hot electronic toys that I've advised grandparents and parents to get ASAP.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Not in retail, but I'll ask the wife.

I am curious, (But it wouldn't make a good thread on its own.) so as you folks answer Mike's question would you mind telling me if your corporate has taken to calling Black Friday "DaT?" (Day after Thanksgiving.) Her corp just started this nomenclature in memos etc. this year and I'm wondering if it's nationwide.

(Oh, and MT: thanks for the heads-up on the Wiis, I know a few people planning on them, I'll pass it along.)

Comment

As an aside, various businesses have tried calling it other things besides "Black Friday" ("Green Friday" for example), but it never seems to stick.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth sms001
        I am curious, (But it wouldn't make a good thread on its own.) so as you folks answer Mike's question would you mind telling me if your corporate has taken to calling Black Friday "DaT?" (Day after Thanksgiving.) Her corp just started this nomenclature in memos etc. this year and I'm wondering if it's nationwide.
        It depends on the company. My current one still calls it "Black Friday", at least to the employees, when I was at Wal-mart, they were calling it "the Event" on everything and to everyone.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I just call it hell.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My store started using a new strange terminology for it, but I have to check some e-mails to see what it is. I can't remember.

Comment

I call it "My first day of not working on that day in 5 years" :P

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                I just call it hell.
                When I worked retail it was called Black Friday. Now since I am not really in retail much anymore, I call it "the day in which most retail workers most commonly consider suicide"
                If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

My first and last Black Friday as a cashier was not that bad...maybe because I wasn't helping anyone out.

After 3 hours the crowd seriously petered out and almost all cashiers were standing at the end of their aisles and got sent on breaks.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Mrs. sms asked around (Her big ticket item is a gun safe, and she has plenty.) and the only thing anyone seems concerned about are Apple items ---phones and tablets. Since no one except Walmart has them as door busters, doesn't seem to be that big a deal. And my Wii U people were planning on being 'first in line' anyway (nutjobs) so hopefully they're covered.

Comment

Saw some stores bumped up their Black Friday deals to Thanksgiving Day - even worse for workers this year with shit like that.

Comment

Quoth Zapper View Post
                        Saw some stores bumped up their Black Friday deals to Thanksgiving Day - even worse for workers this year with shit like that.
                        Check Facebook, people like yours truly are seriously cheesed off about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X