This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night at work

I put in 2 weeks' notice 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow night is technically my last night at my current job, but they've called everyone off for Christmas Eve, so that makes tonight my last night.

I'm leaving on good terms because despite minor annoyances, mostly due to my own anxiety issues, I did actually enjoy the job, and want to keep the door open if I need to get back to work. But for the time being, I'm taking some time off and doing the housewife thing for a while. Hubs still has his job, which pays more than mine did when I was the only one supporting us, and his inheritance is still socked away for emergencies. We're gonna try to do some minor investing, or CDs at the very least, to make a little money off part of the inheritance, and we still have another chunk of inheritance the same size as what we already have received that's tied up in his dad's old investments that we may keep there until we need it. So, as long as we're careful (and once the craziness of Christmas is over) I shouldn't need to return to work.

Which is good, because I have plans this year! I've got several months to get some health issues in order (suspected IBS, mysterious minor leg swelling that has already had blood clots ruled out, and anxiety), to get my teeth fixed one way or another. Somewhere in the middle of all this, with the next couple of months, we're gonna try to move to a slightly bigger place, and then...

-drum roll-

I'm going back to school in the fall, to major in biology/natural sciences, the closest to a zoology degree I can get around these parts.
Working...
X