Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead Season Finale (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can relate to Andrea in the fact that I do get really stupid and not like myself if I find a guy that I'm interested in is interested in me. I can't really bash her because I've hooked up with some dumb guys and done some dumb things to try to impress them.

My dad had a theory that Milton was the Governor's brother or some kind of relation, considering he said he knew him before he became who he is now.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

there are a number of novels that deal with the governor and his rise to power. i think one is called welcome to woodbury
      Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
      Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
      Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
        Carol was abused both physically and mentally. What was Andrea's excuse? She latched onto Shane, then she latched onto the Governor even though she knew both guys were scumbags.
        Shane wasn't a bad guy. He was just weak. He didn't have Rick's leadership ability or his ability to plan or adapt with changing circumstances.

He did make some good efforts to organize the group before Rick showed up. But when Rick did get there, he just . . . deflated. Losing the family he had adopted was to much for him. I wasn't surprised to see Shane turn on Rick. He had to, in some way shape or fashion. It was him or Rick. He just picked the worst possible way to make his move, and he paid an awful price (deservedly so).

Andrea's excuse? How about a zombie apocalypse, plus losing your twin sister, then being forced to stay alive when you had a chance at a clean quick death, then losing the man who fell in love with you? Andrea had enough psychological trauma to last three lifetimes in less than a year.

Quoth Eireann View Post
        I like Carol quite a bit. Her steely side was shown when she took that pickaxe to her newly-deceased husband to keep him from rising. Then there was the time she had Glenn take down a female walker so that she could practice doing a c-section. I mean, really, YUCK.
        Good points. I'm liking Carol more as the show goes on for those reasons.

Quoth Eireann View Post
        Andrea had a good sendoff, and I was glad to hear her reasons for doing what she did - she didn't want anyone else to die. She certainly underestimated the Governor, and overestimated herself, of course. She did have that bad habit of hooking up with men who were unstable, which makes me wonder about her life before all hell broke loose; she probably did the same thing then, too.
        Andrea came so very close to getting the Governor. I would not have expected him to hack his way out of that mess she got him in. It went very well to show just how dangerous the Governor is.

Quoth Eireann View Post
        Ah, Milton. I really wish he'd survived. I wondered, at one point, if he'd be the one to take the Governor down - he seemed to be heading in that direction. It would have been a very startling turn of events, if he had.
        I was glad to see him go. He was a pussy. He stopped Andrea from killing the Governor when she had the perfect chance, he was well aware of the terrible things the Governor was doing and looking the other way, and he didn't dare to stand up to the Governor directly when he'd finally had enough. Instead, he burned a pit of walkers and left the newbies to Woodbury (who'd been questioning how things were done) to take the rap for it. And it almost worked.

Good riddance. My only regret is he took Andrea with him. Even she didn't deserve that.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
          there are a number of novels that deal with the governor and his rise to power. i think one is called welcome to woodbury
          three-

the road to woodbury
          rise of the governor
          Fall of the governor
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

At least Dr. Stevens survived. Which is good, as the group needed 1) a real doctor/nurse, not a mere veterinarian, and 2) it's another professional woman instead of a Lori/Carole/Beth/Lori type.

And yes, because she's the only woman thus far to prove herself strong without weakening herself by falling in love, and she can fight on her own 75 % of the time without needing rescue, I am a major Michonne fan.

I wonder if Karen will prove to be a strong replacement for Andrea. Then again, I wonder how the Woodbury group will respond to life in the prison. If I still had access to cable television, I'd say I couldn't wait to find out what happens next.

Though it was quite a let-down that the Governer survived. Wouldn't it have made more sense to bring in a new threat?
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
            X