This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Garb

So. After many years of fighting practice in the SCA, I'm finally getting Garb made, so I can fight in events. Oi vey. Had a basic fitting the weekend just passed with a mockup. Depending on how rediculous the cod-peice, I may or may not post pics for you all.

For those interested, the style will be Landsknecht (Wikipedia Entry or just Google Image Search it) - Aka puffy party clowns of death.
    It will be quartered blue and black, with yellow showing through the slashes on the chest/arms.

The scary thing... this means I'll have to fight new people.... and apparently I'm deemed ready for my first ranking (kinda like being tested for your first belt in martial arts).
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Puffy party clowns!!

Hopefully you'll be visiting death on your opponents rather than the opposite. Good luck with your ranking!
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
      ... Depending on how ridiculous the cod-piece...
      Barbed spikes?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
        Landsknecht outfits are awesome...just don't do what one person I heard of did - he had an outfit made in Hawaiian print. It was so awful he wore it once because it was giving HIM a headache to have to look at!
        Is it bad that I want photos of that? Just for laughs?

There's a running joke between me and my boyfriend (who is in a different re-enactment group) that one of the members does not wear anything under his tunic. He plays a Byzantine in our little group. Now Byzantines did not wear pants, they wore hose. With boots.

He also has a reputation for being one of the most gutter-minded folks around the camp.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Hope you're going to post a photo of your garb!

There was a fairly active SCA group in Niagara ... but I never got to it. I've tried connecting up with a local one in My Hometown but it seems to be pretty dormant. I think I've had one whole email since I signed up, and that was a few months ago.

Comment

I tried to contact the chapter in HI, but no one returned any of my emails.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
              I tried to contact the chapter in HI, but no one returned any of my emails.
              Armored surfboards don't float?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                Just never forget your jockstrap...and NEVER get the idea to use duct tape to attach a cup to your nether regions if you do forget your jockstrap. We had a guy do that - fought with his cup duct taped on, and then screaming when taking it off. And then getting drunk and demonstrating it for the assembled group...complete with bare skin and tape. No minors were around, thankfully. Hello ice pack and more alcohol to blunt the pain some more LOL
                OUCH.

My boyfriend normally wears boxers. He never forgets his jockstrap because that's the only time he'll willingly wear tighty-whiteys!

One guy in our group ended up with his cup slipping out mid-fight and hanging somewhere around his knee. He valiantly fought on (somehow avoiding getting any blows to the groin) until afterwards when he could readjust in the privacy of one of our changing tents. He described the experience as being "strange"
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  There's a running joke between me and my boyfriend (who is in a different re-enactment group) that one of the members does not wear anything under his tunic. He plays a Byzantine in our little group. Now Byzantines did not wear pants, they wore hose. With boots.
                  Just curious, but what's the Byzantine term for "going regimental"?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Barbed spikes?
                    Well. I know of one of the members from another part of the country, had a few different cod-pieces.. Such as one with pockets, another that they kept a stuffed toy inside, and one that, when one part was turned, lit up, and when another part was turned, acted like a torch in the dark XD
                    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Working...
                    X