This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lunch Adventure

This afternoon, I went to a buffet restaurant for lunch. You choose what you want, they weigh the tray, and you pay based on the weight. I've eaten there many times, and the food has been pretty consistently good.

So. As I was eating one of the dishes, I saw something odd. At first, I thought it was some kind of spice - a cardamom pod, for example, though that particular dish didn't have cardamom in it.

Closer inspection revealed that it was a large INSECT.

I took the tray over to the counter, pointed it out, and told them what it was, in a low tone so that the other diners couldn't hear. As you may have guessed, the woman behind the counter first pretended that she didn't know what it was (though, in all fairness, she might not have known), and then she threw it away.

And she told me she couldn't refund my money.

I called a friend so that he could talk to her (my Czech not yet being sufficient for this purpose), and as I started to talk to him, she came over and refunded my money. What a surprise! She must have been worried that the other customers would hear.

I think she offered me another tray of food. I just took my refund and ate elsewhere.

I guess next time you make sure to..... Czech the food better.

...I'll show myself out.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post

...I'll show myself out.
      You were supposed to Polish it off...

Joins Seraph.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I guess eating there is a bit of Russian Roulette?

Comment

It was horrifying not only to find something like that in the food, but to experience the "it's not our fault" attitude from the woman at the counter. I wonder what they would have done if I'd started talking at the top of my voice about the bug in the food?

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post

...I'll show myself out.

Hubby's looking at me funny. Thanks.

Eireann, thats awful. I certainly would not have accepted another round of food. Glad she gave you a refund.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
              This afternoon, I went to a buffet restaurant for lunch. You choose what you want, they weigh the tray, and you pay based on the weight.
              There was a place in Adelaide that did something slightly similar to this. The difference was that you could make a sandwich, wrap, roll, mini-pizza or salad and were charged based on weight. There was literally a MASSIVE setup of just about every single meat, salad and dairy product known to man.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post

HHEEEEEEEEEEYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
                Fixed that for you!
                "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  There was literally a MASSIVE setup of just about every single meat, salad and dairy product known to man.
                  I would quickly go (even more) bankrupt at a place like that >_> I'm a meatatarian, and of course, most veggies are much, much less dense, and hence, lighter, than the meats are.

I do wish all-you-can-eat buffets here would be more observant when it comes to people sneaking food out. I have personally witnessed patrons who walk in with empty bags/purses, sometimes containing large baggies, sometimes with the bag/purse itself lined with Saran wrap (cling film, for those across the pond)...They would go up to the buffet, load a plate sky high with half a pan worth of crawfish or shrimp, and go back later, the entire contents of said plate having vanished, not a shrimp shell nor crawfish tail in sight...Had they taken the stuff honestly, they WOULD have been charged by weight.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

So your Czech isn't up to arguing with her. I wonder if her English is good enough to understand the term "Health Inspector."
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                    X