This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this for timing?

My last unemployment check went into the bank today. Tomorrow I start a new job as a dishwasher. It's only part time for right now but part time income is better than no time income. Funny thing is, I applied to this place almost a month ago and completely forgot about it. I didn't even get an interview. The manager just asked if I can work fast, I told her yes, and she said she'd email all the new hire paperwork. After all the interviews I've gone through and all the 'don't call us, we'll call you' type responses I've gotten it was kind of a pleasant change to not have to go through that. Of course, I know they're really just desperate for a warm body at this point, but I'll prove to them that I'm a hard worker and more than just a warm body.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Quoth Teysa View Post
    Of course, I know they're really just desperate for a warm body at this point, but I'll prove to them that I'm a hard worker and more than just a warm body.
    That's the way to do it. Do an excellent job and you'll get more hours, promotions and a good reference for when something better comes along. Best of luck to you!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thank you. I'm just excited to be working again.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
      X