This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Furniture store demands customers pay back discount error

i'm really not to sure where to put this, so i'll put it here(a mod can move it if there a more appropriate place) any way an interesting story out of Canada, The Brick(a big name furniture store) is demanding customers pay back Boxing day deals(Our "Black Friday") Basically when people bought stuff online at the checkout an additional 50%
    discount was added. The Brick now says that was a mistake and are telling the customers to pay back the discount. So to say customers are pissed is an understatement, personalty I don't think customers should have to pay back the money when the store made the mistake here's article on it

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/12/2...discount-error

If the store had overcharged customers 50%, they would have to pay that back to the customers, possibly by regulatory agency order.

Doesn't quite work that way when they're undercharging. The store needs to eat that money and program their online store checkout correctly next time.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Don't think I'd be handing over that money too quickly. Their error, their loss. It'd be interesting to see the results if they decided to go to court over it.

And thanks for posting this; I'll avoid The Brick should I ever need to buy any furniture.

Comment

The Brick, a sign of love from Ignatz...
        Last edited by dalesys; 12-28-2013, 11:10 AM.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          If the store had overcharged customers 50%, they would have to pay that back to the customers, possibly by regulatory agency order.

Doesn't quite work that way when they're undercharging. The store needs to eat that money and program their online store checkout correctly next time.
          Actually, that is the way it works. It's not the first time a company has initiated deep price cuts unintentionally and whenever it went to the courts the ruling is always in favour of the company. If the delivery of said items has not been completed the company can cancel the transaction and reinstate a new one at the proper pricing so long as they notify the customer and give them the choice to accept the new price or cancel the transaction fully. Only if the transaction has been fully completed (item fully paid for and delivered) is the the store required to eat the loss.

The only time a company has honoured a mistake like that is to avoid bad publicity, but at no point is it required to honour such a mistake.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
          X