This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS Announcement

Thought I would let you allllllll know. California and Nevada PD&C's are BEHIND on sorting parcels. It is estimated that they will be caught up on Jan 15. This is covering all things coming into the country, heading out by way of the west coast, amazon's warehouse out there, as well as a few others.

thank you. Appreciate the heads up

Comment

#USPSfail white whines coming in 5,4,3,2,1.......
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

So USPS is keeping pace with UPS and FedEx, then? I'm still chasing down three packages that seem to be major foulups on FedEx's part, and I requested credits for another half-dozen on which they just completely screwed the pooch. Out of 850 parcels that went out the week of the 16th, nearly 5% were screwy in some way that can be traced entirely to them. Mostly delays and mis-scans, but there were a handful that were misdirected, held without reason, or returned without any return request being issued.

Comment

Yeah, I think I got dinged by this. I ordered something I was intending to use as part of a costume for MAGFest this weekend, and with expedited shipping, it was supposed to be delivered yesterday by FedEx.

It wasn't. When I checked online earlier today, it had last been scanned in L.A. I'm in Virginia.

Unless it arrives tomorrow before I set out, I'll have to do without.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Jay, I'm discovering that a number of packages just aren't getting scanned. I'd actually call FedEx and find out if it's part of the delayed shipments, or if they screwed up and didn't scan the package (which can result in lost packages). When you call in, have the tracking number ready. At the voice menus, just say "operator" twice, then sit on hold until you get someone who may or may not be able to understand your tracking number, may or may not be able to understand what you're asking, and may or may not be able to give you valid info.

If you really want to have fun, ask them to call the terminal to get a pair of eyes on the package. Then you get to sit on hold for another 20 minutes.

Oh, and if you're REALLY lucky, they're a holiday temp, and they don't actually know how to do any of this.

Comment

Or like UPS with my tree last Monday. Due to the torrential downpour in my area rendering the road slicker than ice and twice as hard to SEE, the package was postponed from a Friday delivery to that Monday. I called the depo to ask, rather than dealing with UPS's 1-800 number again. (It was supposed to be delivered the 17th and was stuck in the Mesquite TX black hole.) They said it was still on the truck and that yes, they would have it to me that night. Sure enough it was. They just never rescanned it, because they wanted the "eyes on time" of unpacking used for delivering.

And let's not forget my SMARTPost packages Carmen, Waldo and Princess Peach.
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Guys...UPS and FedEx fly our stuff for us. Their slowdown made our slowdown. We didn't make there's. And a lot of the scanning problems we've had is because UPS or FedEx haven't entered in scans to be transferred to us.

Comment

Oh, interesting. Good to know. And yet more reason for me to be pissy at FedEx.

I think I scared someone the other day. Ended up growling into the phone because the person couldn't understand the simple phrase "yes, I know there's a problem with that package, because I'm the one who asked for the trace. Is there a result on the trace yet?"

Comment

I'm in the business too, and I'm dreading next year. See, my contract traces back to a company called Newgistics. They provide a cheaper way for shippers to get their mail to youby dropping it off at your carrier facility. Here in STL we had a 100% completion rate, and I understand that was true for all of the terminals. I fear after this fiasco we're goihg to be a lot more popular.
                    Seph
                    Taur10
                    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Yeah, I think I got dinged by this..
                      Me too. I'm waiting on something that was supposed to be a Christmas present. It was ordered in plenty of time (the site I ordered from uses Newgistics). It didn't ship from CA until the 24th and has been sitting in Sparks NV since the 27th.
                      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-02-2014, 04:28 AM.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                      X