This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow and Kid Rant

Folks we've gotten some snow. Some of us knew it had been coming and planned for it. But it's here...it's been here now. You have a snow blower...why did you then cover your mailbox with the snow and then try to make a cute little hole to the door? Why also did you throw a bunch of snow to the front of the box? My arms are NOT four feet long. I am NOT getting out of the truck for every box. If some of my little old people with a red plastic shovel can keep the box clear then you have no excuses.

Also standing there in shorts and complaining about the cold when I bring up a box? Yea you suck I think I may have a inkling that it's cold out. At least that's what my blue cheeks say.

Now for some of your kiddlings... I know I'm probably not who they were expecting. But when they answer the door with a flourish, go "oh", and then just close the door with a off hand remark of "just the mailman" ..,. It really really makes me want to scan your package refused and send it back. If the kids can't answer the door properly then treat them younger then they are and don't allow them to answer the door at all.

One more thing....when I'm in full uniform, have the truck right behind me, please...I'm the mail lady. I'm not some stranger whose about to abscond with your 14 year old and throw them in the back of my truck. When I was little the mailman rated up there with police and firemen of safe people to talk to.

Wait a minute...you're a maillady and the kids answer "just the mailman"? Forget teaching manners...how about teaching them not to be so blatantly sexist? :P

Comment

It's a title...that has never rubbed me the wrong way. I think it's almost following in the Spanish way. There can be a room of 99 women and 1 guy and the room is masculine.

*shrugs*

Comment

We use the neutral of mail carrier. Right now our carrier is female, but before her was an older. As I explained to my oldest when he questioned it, "They carry the mail in their vehicles. And it's rude to not refer to them all by one gender. When in doubt, pick a gender neutral term." My oldest also pointed out that mailman sounded redundant.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

At the craps table in Las Vegas however, you do in fact refer to the boxman and stickman as such (geez sounds like MegaMan bosses!) even if they are women. IOW, there's no such thing as "boxwoman" or "stickperson".

Comment

Working...
          X