This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Work-Related Positive!

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a few months back I was attacked at work by a guy who tried to stick his tongue down my throat.

I wrote a report, but didn't really expect anything to come of it, since some of my previous employers definitely would have considered putting such a report in a file at the back of a drawer as dealing with it.

I got a call a few weeks later letting me know that the guy had been spotted again, the police had been called, and he had been removed from the premises and warned not to return. And then, returning to work after a bit of an absence (not related to this incident), I discovered that a new policy has been put in place, issuing all staff with a 'personal attack alarm' at the beginning of each shift. I've heard some moaning that it's 'pointless' and 'stupid' and 'no one's going to get attacked here', and I didn't say anything because I don't really want to publicise that it happened to me... But privately I'm really pleased that it has been taken seriously, and something concrete has been done about it, and that 'we'll deal with it' wasn't just words.

So, despite the occasional SC incident, I currently think my employers are marvellous, and my confidence has actually had a bit of a boost after being pretty close to rock bottom for quite some time after the incident. It just feels so good to be taken seriously and treated like my safety is important (can you tell the calibre of management I've had previously? )

Good for them and for you!
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I'm glad to hear that they took your complaint seriously. That's a distressing situation to be in!

Comment

Yes, I remember the incident - and WHOOT FOR GOOD MANAGEMENT!!!
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Huzza, you could have titled this "When management does good"

congratulations
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Im glad they took your complaint seriously and made moves to prevent them in the future. Good vibes to you.

Comment

Working...
            X