This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really wish we hadn't had to start this policy

We have had so many towels and linens ruined recently due to makeup and other things, that we've had to institute a "if you ruin it, you bought it" type of policy.

Please please don't use hotel linens to remove your makeup. Mascara and liner don't come out, and depending on the amount of foundation you use, that may not come out either.

Oh god, I can hear the screaming already...
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
      Oh god, I can hear the screaming already...
      That might have been the resulting echo of me screaming at my stepdaughter for removing her inch thick foundation with one of my white embroidered towels.

I was madder than a wet hen.
      The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

Quoth Canadian In Maine View Post
        ... removing her inch thick foundation ...
        Tammy Fae, baby, this is the right tool for removing foundation:
        Last edited by dalesys; 05-14-2018, 06:15 PM.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Many hotels I've stayed at have a make-up removal cloth offered in the bathroom with the other toiletries. I don't know if that will change the rate of ruined linens, but it might be something to consider.

It always confuses me why hotel customers think it's okay to do things to their room that would never in a million years cross their minds to do at home.
          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
            It always confuses me why hotel customers think it's okay to do things to their room that would never in a million years cross their minds to do at home.
            The same reason they trash store bathrooms: "What the hell, I don't have to clean it up!"
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

By far, the most important thing is to make sure the higher-ups edit the agreement/whatever page that customer have to sign to check in, to make it say that customers are responsible for this sort of thing (explicitly the linens) -- do they not already have a line in there saying that customers are responsible for any damage to the rooms/their contents?
              Last edited by EricKei; 01-25-2014, 04:03 PM.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I didn't know that those things didn't wash out, but I did notice hotels starting to offer 'makeup wipes.' I will bring my own junk washcloth to remove makeup from now on!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

We did offer makeup wipes for the guests. The problem is they totally ignored them and used the white towels anyway. My question is "do you actually do this at home?" I wouldn't, I don't want to ruin my towels.

If I'm wearing makeup, I wash my face with soap and water first, then use tissue to wipe off any excess mascara. And, if I wash my face first, there's never any foundation left to wipe off after. Most of it comes off really easy with soap and water except the mascara.

I always figured, when staying at a hotel, that if I ruin something, they'll make me pay to replace it so I do everything I can to avoid harming anything, including the linens.

Comment

We always had this issue at the hotel I worked at, until the supervisor discovered that shaving cream gets it all out!

Kind of a pain that that is necessary, but can help save some linen!

Comment

Shaving cream will get it out? We have several cleaning solutions we use but we're losing the linens anyway. I'll ask the housekeepers to try it. Thanks alogram.

Comment

Well, shaving cream is (more or less) just fancy foamy canned soap...so, yeah, it makes sense to me ^_^
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                          Shaving cream
                          Shaving cream, be nice and clean
                          Shave every day and you'll always look keen

Sorry I couldn't resist
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

karl - I always loved that song. People were getting crap (Ha!) past the radar even way back when ...

Comment

I don't wear mascara anymore, but I had a pretty simple solution when I did wear it.

I used mascara remover. Duh. A bit of tissue (toilet paper if there weren't any facial tissues but usually there were) and it wipes right off without getting it on the towels.

Though frankly, I've never understood why hotels use white towels. Probably be better off with black ones....or dark brown
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X