This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards held in one's mouth

(MODS: I've never posted a new thread here before, so if this needs to be moved, please move it to the appropriate place. TY)

I just had a fortunate encountered with a customer who could have been sucky, but wasn't. Ironically, this was a few days after hearing a similar coworker's experience with a customer holding a gift or credit card in their mouth. (BG: She said it wasn't simply being held by the end of one's lips, but the guy had a majority of the card held in their mouth. The custy handed it to her with all it's saliva-soaked goo-iness. She was being nice as he was a veteran and was suffering from Parkinson's, but still. ?She ended up having to use a lot of hand sanitizer on herself after him)

Anywhoo, I'm working in lumber, and I ring this guy's order, and I can clearly see he's got his gift card held in his mouth. He goes to hand it to me (since we have to swipe gift cards on our end), but I smile and say, "you had that in your mouth, I'm not gonna handle that. Can you show me the back of the card so I can read off the numbers?

Cust: (holds the card out and I read off the numbers): Geez, It's not like I'm gonna kiss you or anything (Note: I'm a dude)
    Me: (Sarcastic with slight frownie face): "Well, now you're just breakin my heart.."

...and we both had a little laugh about it.

How about coupons? Coupons are paper and absorb every moist drop oozing from your lips. There's been a few times where the customer will hand me a stack of coupons, with the slobbery imprint of their mouth clearly visible. Worse is when they hand me a toy/money/coupons/whatever that their toddler has been playing with and chewing on. Usually it's merchandise the parent was using to distract the wee one and they tell me they don't actually want to purchase the now-gooey merchandise. What nerve.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      Worse is when they hand me a toy/money/coupons/whatever that their toddler has been playing with and chewing on. Usually it's merchandise the parent was using to distract the wee one and they tell me they don't actually want to purchase the now-gooey merchandise. What nerve.
      I really wish there was some kind of law that enforced that they HAVE to pay for that item. I hate when people do that, it's disgusting, and also pretty much as soon as you take it the kid starts screaming.

Comment

Working...
      X