X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, They've Raised Minimum Wage in Ontario

Hope this is in the right place...

The current minimum is $10.25 an hour. I make an extra .50 per because I work the midnight shift. Clearly, as of June 1 it will go up to the new rate of $11.00 at the least. If the same pattern is followed I should get $11.50 per hour.

While the increase is not what the "poverty people" wanted (they thought $14 an hour was reasonable) the only thing I can think about is that if my boss is forced to pay everyone more per hour that the hours will get cut.

Has anyone here been through this? Has it helped your economy? Did people get laid off, hours cut?

It's going to be interesting over the next few months.
    The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

It's been our experience that discussions about minimum wage and related topics seldom end well. Please feel free to broach the subject over at our sister site, www.fratching.com

Thanks!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X