This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
    Trust me when I say that you will KNOW if you've had a premonition. Very eerie feeling, when you wake up and realize it.
    I wish I had mine as clearly as you have yours. I generally get a days worth of dread feeling before something happens. Then it does and my brain says "now you are entitled to feel as crap as you have been all day". Fun.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

This is a dream I had when I was a student in my LPN program.

I was taking the first part of Anatomy and Physiology. We were studying the skeletal system, and had to learn all the medical names of all 206 bone, PLUS the names of the many ridges and bumps on these bones (for example, the big knob on the upper part of the femur is called the greater trochanter).

The exam was coming up and I was very nervous. We knew there would be a written and lab component to the exam, but we weren't sure what to expect. The night before the exam, I had this dream:

I dreamed that on exam day, the instructor called me in front of the class, and ordered me to name all 206 bones, plus the major landmarks. I did so, successfully.

He looked at me and said, "OK, now do it again . . . but faster."

I did. "Do it again, faster."

I did. "Again, faster."

Every time I listed the bones and landmarks, he'd tell me to go through the whole thing, each time faster than the last until suddenly bones were flying out of the air at me, burying me in a veritable mountain of bones and I wake up screaming.

Consolation? I aced the exam.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

This dream was... geeze, I don't know.

For starters, I was at work, at The Client. But for some reason, WWE's Vickie Guerrero was there as well, and she was cutting a promo (i.e., talking as people in the wrestling business do). Then I stand up, take the microphone from her, and take all the other microphones in the area, so I can't be interrupted.

Then I start channeling Bray Wyatt, another wrestler under WWE contract-- think of him as a Cajun Charles Manson, weird cult-leader type-- cutting a promo of my own as I walk around the office, talking about how I won't be silenced by someone like Vickie, won't be silenced (or maybe I said "sacrificed") by someone like Vince McMahon, walked up to a coworker and addressed them like they were another wrestler, daring them to say something, and finally concluded by name-dropping Wyatt's group of wrestlers (The Wyatt Family) and saying that 2013 would be a good year.

In the dream, after I concluded, I got a few claps from people, and even I was astounded at what I just did and had no idea where it came from.

Then I woke up and went O_O
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

after my BF went back to work I had an odd dream...

at one point... I was someone else (that happens in my dreams) and I was checking into a hotel but the rooms available were nothing but flat doors & frames.

But that was OK. It was inside the TARDIS, so the rooms would all be bigger on the inside. I picked one and opened the door and the room inside had a giant bed covered in gold satin. I didn't like it but the person I was playing did (um ok?) so yeah gold sheets.

Oh and there was a cliffhanger where the Doctor's companions (he had 3 at that point) were trying to drop a chandelier on the bad guy's head, only it fell on them instead and they all died.

or did they? dun dun DUNNNNN.... cliffhanger - tune in next episode to find out...

that's about when I woke up too. heh.

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
            I wish I had mine as clearly as you have yours. I generally get a days worth of dread feeling before something happens. Then it does and my brain says "now you are entitled to feel as crap as you have been all day". Fun.
            I do have that dread feeling when I know I've had one. The one about my niece, I knew...and I knew I just had to wait to find out what it was exactly a premonition of. Then, when I got the news, I had an omg *chills down spine* moment. I'm not all that fond of my premonitions...usually, they're not of anything good.
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I am not even sure where to begin or what to make of last nights dream...

I was attending a conference..one about where the new capitol of a collection of nations should be. For some reason they wanted to change the capitol because the current capital wanted to become a sovereign nation, with a king and everything. The current capitol of this collection of nations was trying some legal wrangling to prevent the change, and if they succeeded then the capital could never change for some reason. I have no idea why somebody like me would be invited to something like that, but *shrugs*. Anyhow..I was looking at the current collection of nations..and the first letters of those involved spelled out something like Siberia..and the proposed new capital and area would spell out something like Turkey.

I really couldn't have cared less in the dream, so I went .. found myself some food (it was chocolate..and it was pie. Chocolate pie...mmmmm. For some reason I took it into the bathroom to eat it because I was convinced the king of the current capitol would be mad or something. Like I would care??

Anyhow..is it capitol or capital ?? Brain no make smart thing right now.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

It is capitol, and you dreamt of chocolate pie because it's your birthday.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm going to try as best as I can to recreate the craziness my mind came up with this morning. First, I was going to some sort of meeting for work, at another store, in what I'm pretty sure was the town my nephew lives in in real life. I realized I had some time to kill, so I ended up at a restaurant, then, because my dreams like to jump around like I said before, I was at a random house, with my brother, his wife, and my dad. We were going to have some sort of meal, but I declined it because I was going to get a meal at the meeting. Here's where it gets blurry.

The dream shifted completely, and we were staying at some random hotel/house. I was rushing around the place, picking things up that I was going to take with me, because we were leaving. Among things I remember picking up: clothes, toothbrush, a book, and one GIANT bag of gummi bears. My oldest nephew was there, messing around, delaying things, and I was frustrated. I asked if he was ready to go, and he said "Yeah but you have to help me move these cups first."

I looked, and there was a white styrofoam cup sitting upside down in the corner of the room. There were cups in each corner, I think, I'm not really sure. Anyway, my nephew started lifting the cups, and letting spiders crawl out from under them. I, of course, was disgusted by the spiders. My nephew was having fun. The last thing I remember is telling him , "Ugh! Let's go! I have to be onstage in, like, five minutes!"

Dream over, and I woke up. I think the work and urgency of time came in because I was, in reality, almost late for work this morning due to oversleeping. The rest of it...No idea. At all.
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Crazy dreams? I got your crazy dreams right here.

Recurring - you know how a lot of people will have the "falling" dreams, and there is the tie in urban myth that if you don't wake up before you hit the ground, you'll really die? Well...I get a variant. I fall...hit the ground...bounce back up with some cartoonish looney toons sound effect, and that goes on until I wake up, usually laughing my ass off.

Totally WTF dream - I have a passion for studying World War II, and have likely watched Band of Brothers at least 20 times. So I had a dream where I am in the middle of Easy Company, attacking a German entrenched position, where I somehow manage to blow up a machine gun nest with a single shot from an M1 Garand. (That's a rifle.) To celebrate my 'marksmanship', I decided to start dancing around in the middle of a battle...the combo air guitar playing/kick dancing that Al Bundy from Married With Children does when he is particurally happy. Somehow don't get shot.

I've also had dreams where I am moving about, floating in the air with my legs crossed "Indian Style", kinda like those wise men you would see in old cartoons.

And of course when I get sick, my 'fever dream' is being chased by a skyscraper sized dragon.

Comment

A new one from me:

I'm sitting outside my mothers house and notice a hole in the wall about 4-5 bricks across. I look in and where the front room should be is a big area which I can see an elevator door inside. The door was light blue.

So I enter the house and somehow find a way to reach in to this hole and open it and the whole front of the house swings away (almost Inception style) to reveal a paved/patio area. Literally the thought runs through my head that "at least we have some off road parking now..."

So the elevator door is now a ATM. On it it says it will open if we can answer the following riddle: "What falls to the floor when...." (I can't remember the rest - I'm not sure that I could understand the words in the dream either).

So well me and several unspecified friends are musing over it suddenly someone is cooking up a huge lot of burgers and we are eating a barbecue whilst trying to work out who put this whole thing here, why and whether perhaps its already been broken into and emptied.

I think I woke up then. When I got back to sleep I went back to a more "normal" dream where I was trying to smuggle through a gun on an airplane into a dangerous country. I must have been reading too many of the airport threads as the customs people tried to get us in trouble for some flowers the airline had given us on the plane!
                      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I've been having dreams about Altair, Malik, Ezio and Desmond from the Assassin's Creed games meeting up with my character from Skyrim any the movieverse Avengers. The Templars joined forces with the Aldmeri Dominion and Hydra.

Yeah.....
                        What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

I had a dream where that Grand Witch Muriel from Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters "liked" me and was chasing me all around San Fransisco. Right before her and her server Jane from Twilight movies grabbed me I woke up. I mean seriously wtf???
                          NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Nooo! Huge chunks of London are being ripped out of the landscape and put into orbit by a malevolent alien intelligence, and our only hope is another evil alien, a seven-foot-tall serial killer wearing a pageboy haircut and fishnets...

Yeah. I woke up not long after watching Picadilly hurtling into the upper atmosphere. *shakes head, seeks therapist*

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                              our only hope is another evil alien, a seven-foot-tall serial killer wearing a pageboy haircut and fishnets...
                              Man, the Doctor really changed after his latest regeneration...
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

About the time my hubby and I were looking for a new house (several years ago now), I had a series of dreams that we were either touring houses or remodeling houses.

The most memorable one was an old, Victorian-style house with narrow staircases and bare wood everywhere. In the dream, I was showing my mom around, explaining what we were going to do to update the house. On a narrow landing, I leaned against the wall, and a secret passageway popped open. We followed the passageway into a rather large (think gymnasium) playroom filled with playground equipment. I think there was a swing set, but there was definitely a merry-go-round. Then this ghost-nanny appeared (you know - floating apparition with white hair in a strict bun and Victorian-era black dress) and threatened to haunt us if we changed anything in the children's area of the house.
                                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X