This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There an AA for Soap Operas?

Hi, my name is Miss Maple Leaf, and I'm a soap opera addict.

*Waits for the "Hi, Miss Maple Leaf!"*

More specifically, I'm addicted to General Hospital.

*Waits for the "Awww!"*

Seriously, though, I am hooked on General Hospital.

I've been off work on medical leave for a couple of weeks now, and started watching it one day with my mother since I had nothing better to do. I thought 'hey, this is pretty good' so I decided to watch it the next day too. The next day turned into the day after, which turned into the next, which turned into the next, etc.

Before I knew it, I was sucked in. General Hospital is weird sometimes, but damn if it isn't an awesome show.

Any other General Hospital fans here?
    my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
    it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

I am! I am! Been watching it since I was a wee one. Like pre-Luke and Laura. Yeah, that long. I am so loving it now! They're bringing back all these old characters and actually making the stories work. Though right now the whole Vampire thing ain't working so much for me.

But anyway, yeah another BIG GH fan here!
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Yeah the whole vampire thing is a little out there especially since the vampire looked like John McBane's twin. But then GH has had it share over the years of out there story/plot lines.

Sorry my GF is a GH fan and I get to sit through episodes as I am not allowed to change the channel. I am a "recovering" GH fan (Luke and Laura era and after)

MST3K played a couple of the 1960's 30 minute versions. OH how young some of the central characters were back then (most of them now passed on IRL and in soap land)
      Last edited by Racket_Man; 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM. Reason: can't type worth a damn tonight
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

i know the feeling.

i started watching guiding light a few times only to get sucked in. i finally broke off in high school i think. haven't tried going back. of course not watching tv period kinda helps with that too

Comment

The Caleb thing is a strange storyline, but it's actually my favourite one going on right now. When I first got into GH I just chalked it up to 'oh well, it's a soap opera. what do i expect?' especially since GH also has the psychic Olivia.

I'm also enjoying the ELQ/Quartermaine family feud between AJ and Tracy.

The whole thing with Kate right now is making me cry though.

And I want to see more of Sabrina. I hope things work out okay for her in the end, and that Britt gets whats coming to her (the bitch).

Heh. I've gone from 'yeah, General Hospital is that show my mother likes to watch each day' to 'dammit! Why isn't it 3pm yet! I want to see today's episode!'
          my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
          it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Heh. I've gone from 'yeah, General Hospital is that show my mother likes to watch each day' to 'dammit! Why isn't it 3pm yet! I want to see today's episode!'
            Yes, that's something I'm doing right now. I was so happy that they changed the time to 2 from 3 because now I can watch it most days before going to work. In fact I spend most of my afternoon watching soaps. The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful though not into those as much. It's just something to watch until GH comes on or it's time to go to work.

Now while the vampire thing isn't doing it for me, it is for other people so there's something for everybody!

Comment

My shift change at work cured me of my ridiculous obsession with Young and the Restless (only watched it for about 2 years) and Days of Our Lives.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

General Hospital is seriously rocking these days!! Back to it's glory days IMO.

Comment

Is There an AA for Soap Operas?
                  Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
                  Hi, my name is Miss Maple Leaf, and I'm a soap opera addict.
                  I'm sorry.

Like horse injuries, there is no effective treatment.

See you at Tesco!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Just bumping up the thread to ask is anyone watching GH these days?? 'Cause baby, it's freakin' ON FIRE!

Comment

Is it just me, or does it seem like everything on the show is happening... quicker? A storyline will be introduced, they run through the conflict and then BOOM onto the next one.

I get that they brought a metric crap-ton of people for the 50th anniversary, and they needed SOMETHING for them to do, but still it seems like they're cramming every little story they wanted to tell into the show...

Almost like they want to get it all done and all the threads tied up before they're cancelled.

I'm not saying it will be, but the cynic in my brain (aka my brain) just has that feeling...

1) Don't judge me.
                      2) I watch it because I go home for lunch and it's usually the ONLY thing on.
                      3) With all the 'formerly deceased' characters coming back, please tell me that I'm not the only one who expected to see Robin rescued by Stone.
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I never even thought about option 3 happening!! I figured Robin would be back..but you never know with GH. I was always a GH fan for years..especially of the Spencer/Cassadine storyline.

Comment

I kinda like that they're going through some of the stories faster especially the ones with ties to older story lines. I think it's going to open up a bunch of new stories. And I love this new team that's working on it. Though the three actors from OLTL coming back as new characters is going to suck. I wasn't sure I'd like them at first but they became part of the show.

Comment

Working...
                          X