This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Lo, We Entered The 4th

As I'm sure all 4 of you have been wondering: Hey where's GK been? Well, GK has been in physiotherapy. For three months and is now about to enter the fourth month of such grueling festivities. With a projected minimum of another 3-4 months more to go. GK has been off work all this time and bored out of his god damn skull. When not writhing in misery anyhow. GK is hoping that he will finally be medically authorized to return to work next month on a limited part time basis. Just so GK can get out of the house before GK stabs someone.

Pro Tip: Ergonomics are surprisingly important!

Argh ;p

Catch 22:
    If GK does not get out of the house, he will stab someone.
    If GK stays in the house, he won't find someone to stab.

Solution:
    Send GK to Nunavut. Stab away.

Seriously:
    Get better soon.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I feel your pain, GK. I've been off work since September of last year. Hopefully I'll get the OK to go back at least part time before too long. I think I'm getting overkill on the daytime courtroom dramas, but I'll still be recording Judge Judy when I go back to work.
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I've pretty much mined out Netflix and I think I'm 1/3rd of the way through Crunchyroll's entire library as well. >.>

Comment

What about hulu+?

Comment

No can do, in Canuckistan.

Comment

We're here for you dude.
              We miss you, but get better on your body's own schedule.
              "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Get better, that's all that matters. There are free ebooks on Project Gutenberg if you have an ereader or are willing to read the books on your computer.

Comment

I'm sure your cat does not mind having its minon home to play.

You, OTOH, might be a bit done with it

You have my sympathies. Last time I was out was only a month, but I was so done with being home by the end of that month. 3 months sounds more like jail time.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                    You have my sympathies. Last time I was out was only a month, but I was so done with being home by the end of that month. 3 months sounds more like jail time.
                    Pretty much. I didn't expect it to be this longer either. I figured maybe a month tops. But 3 months and counting. 3 months just to get the point where I am peritted to sit in an office chair for a few hours -.-

Comment

Ok, that totally sucks! Hope you feel better soon!

Would homebaked cookies help in anyway? Cause I could totally send you some awesome chocolate chip cookies.
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                        Ok, that totally sucks! Hope you feel better soon!

Would homebaked cookies help in anyway? Cause I could totally send you some awesome chocolate chip cookies.
                        I wish, but where my physiotherapist warned me off chairs, my doctor proclaimed me gluten intolerant. So its been kind of a double whammy of suck this week. >.>

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                          I wish, but where my physiotherapist warned me off chairs, my doctor proclaimed me gluten intolerant. So its been kind of a double whammy of suck this week. >.>
                          So you've been floored *and* defloured?
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                            I can't help with the chairs, but I can offer sympathy and gluten-free oatmeal raisin cookies (made with almond flour).
                            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                              I can't help with the chairs, but I can offer sympathy and gluten-free oatmeal raisin cookies (made with almond flour).
                              I'm not permitted almonds or cashews ( sob ) either ><

In fact the tests showed I'm pretty much intolerant of all of western civilization.

Comment

Working...
                              X