Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact the tests showed I'm pretty much intolerant of all of western civilization.
    Reporter: So, what do you think of western civilisation?

Gandhi: I think it would be a very good idea.

Comment

Double suckage. I have back issues, but at least I can eat baked goods. Hey--why is the xanthan gum needed? I thought that was only necessary when avoiding eggs.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

GK, please send me some of those recipes if you have the time and inclination. I have a few friends who are gluten intolerant and could even use some vegan recipes.
        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Double suckage. I have back issues, but at least I can eat baked goods. Hey--why is the xanthan gum needed? I thought that was only necessary when avoiding eggs.
          It's usually used in gluten free cooking as a binding agent to ... well, replace the binding effect of gluten.

Rapscallion

Comment

My return has been authorized! Soon I shall once again be....er.....awash in the petulant mewing of humanity's weakest links.

.......Well, crap.

Comment

I'm not sure if we should be happy for you or not. Either way, good luck and speedy recovery.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

So....that failed. I must now turn to government assistance before I am homeless. -.-

Comment

Well fuck. That just sucks. Is your company not willing to work with you on stuff you can do?

If your docs have said that the companies crappy chair and desk have caused these problems, can you sue their asses?
                  A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                    Well fuck. That just sucks. Is your company not willing to work with you on stuff you can do?

If your docs have said that the companies crappy chair and desk have caused these problems, can you sue their asses?
                    Oh no, my company has been really great about this to be bluntly honest to the point of offering to let me go shopping with the boss to get me a suitable chair for the office.

It just seems I do not yet have the muscle strength back to work a prolonged shift. I can manage maybe 30 minutes in a chair, or a few hours if I work remotely and sort of awkwardly sit on my couch. But I can't manage more than that and that ain't enough to pay the bills. =/

I'm well through the healing phase, but I don't have enough strength rehabilitation yet it seems.

Comment

I have two boxes of cookie mix that has no wheat nuts or other toxic goodies in them, sadly they have chocolate. Which is my kryptonite. I can't have wheat, chocolate, or corn it seems. I feel your pain. Is there any way they could get you a standing desk?

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
                        I can't have wheat, chocolate, or corn it seems. I feel your pain. Is there any way they could get you a standing desk?
                        I can't have wheat, dairy ( even goat ), soy, yeast or eggs. >.>

I can't use a standing desk either. I got diagnosed with trochanderic pain syndrome on top of everything else a few weeks ago. I can't stand up for more than an hour or so. I'll go from fine to needing a cane.

Comment

Geez, we knew the workplace had screwed you up, but not this much!

As far as the pain thing.
                          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                            I can't have wheat, dairy ( even goat ), soy, yeast or eggs. >.>

I can't use a standing desk either. I got diagnosed with trochanderic pain syndrome on top of everything else a few weeks ago. I can't stand up for more than an hour or so. I'll go from fine to needing a cane.
                            Nice comfy wheelchair?

[actually some chairs are seriously adjustable and comfortable. I use my old chair as a desk chair at my Mom's house.]
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Getting really frustrated with chairs. I have a Steelcase Leap ( like $900 ) and still doesn't work for me. I must be some sort of freakish shape.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                                I'm well through the healing phase, but I don't have enough strength rehabilitation yet it seems.
                                Could the issue be some muscle atrophy from prolonged rest?
                                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X