This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Screamed and I Nearly Barfed

What a glorioius treat this morning as I tiredly waddled down the stairs and through the living room to the kitchen and saw what looked like a giant piece of dust or dirt by the patio door.

Lo and behold, it was a chewed up corpse of a mouse. And it's tail remaining.

I screamed, screamed, hyperventalated, grabbed a tissue, picked it up...OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S SQUISHY!!!!! And threw it outside.

Oh, just nasty.

That's our new little kitty at work for ya.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Now, now...you want to encourage the cat to kill vermin. Train yourself to suck it up and say "Good kitty".

Love to eat them mousies....
    Mousies what I love to eat!
    Bite they little heads off,
    Nibble on they tiny feet!

-B. Kliban
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

My first cat would hunt rabbits (almost as big as she was) in the field behind our house. She usually left a hindquarter for us on the back deck. I think she was trying to feed us.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Why so surprised? It's a well-known fact cats are nature's cuddly, fuzzy serial killers.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Good kitty! You want the little fuzzball to kill the pesky critters. Granted, it's gross to clean up after their kills, but all in all, this is not a bad thing.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I found my dogs feasting on a mole carcass a while back. Had to drag each one of them inside the house and dispose of the body. Then I bleached and hosed down the concrete slab in the backyard where they had it. I'll take a rodent over a snake any day, though.

To my knowledge, my indoor cat has not killed anything yet.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
              My first cat would hunt rabbits (almost as big as she was) in the field behind our house. She usually left a hindquarter for us on the back deck. I think she was trying to feed us.
              Just rabbits? My friend's cat didn't care what it went after. Mice, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, dogs (any size), deer (yes, DEER). That cat was a fuzzy little Dexter.

Ok, not so little. 20+ pounds of solid attitude.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I have watched one of my cats spend well over an hour attempt to stalk a pair of sandhill cranes. High comedy, but talk about ambition overcoming common sense!?!?!?

Comment

I live as far out in the country as one can get in my county. The property is several acres and surrounded by a large commercial nursery on two sides, an avocado grove on one side, and a field that's used to grow tomatoes, strawberries and green beans (depending on the year and season). The Everglades are a short drive away. As you can imagine, we have a critter problem. The three barn cats are wonderful for rodent and small iguana extermination, but we rely on the 135lb Mastiff for possum, raccoon, large iguana and snake extermination. There are days when it looks like the aftermath of a medieval battle field instead of a yard. Thankfully I had boys and they don't mind cleaning up the grossness.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                    ...raccoons, dogs (any size), deer (yes, DEER).
                    Yes, but did it manage to kill and eat them? Sugar always ate a good portion of the rabbits she caught.
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                      Yes, but did it manage to kill and eat them? Sugar always ate a good portion of the rabbits she caught.
                      Let's see. Up through the rabbits, yes. Pretty much universal. Dogs usually had enough brains to run inside and away from the feline demon. I have no idea if he ever caught the one 8-point buck I saw him chasing. He didn't drag it home, anyway. That might have been pushing it. Raccoons, on the other hand (paw, whatever), weren't so much "hunted" as "executed with extreme prejudice." I watched once as he pulled a raccoon off a branch into a pond and drown it. the cat calmly climbed out of the pond, shook off, and walked away.
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Racoons!! Wow, I'm impressed. I grew up with a grey tabby who hunted about every critter seen, except for squirrels. I wish I had it on video: George strutted up to a squirrel and smacked it up the side of the head with his front paw. That squirrel recovered and sprinted up a nearby tree...later uttering what I presume were obscentities in squirrel.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Last year, Luna managed to get a bird. She brought it inside and dropped the corpse on my MiL's bed to show off what she killed.

I had to quickly dispose of it as it freaked her out. lol

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                            *snip* I think she was trying to feed us.
                            The other explanation is that she's trying to teach you how to hunt ... you know, so you can get your own food when you grow up. "Here, now practice on this ..."

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                              Raccoons, on the other hand (paw, whatever), weren't so much "hunted" as "executed with extreme prejudice." I watched once as he pulled a raccoon off a branch into a pond and drown it. the cat calmly climbed out of the pond, shook off, and walked away.
                              Now that IS impressive.

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                              The other explanation is that she's trying to teach you how to hunt ... you know, so you can get your own food when you grow up. "Here, now practice on this ..."
                              Well, luckily, she never brought them, living or dead, inside the house.
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                              X