Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend's cat brought in a small brown snake (rather venomous) and left it in the hallway. Alive, injured and very annoyed...and my friend is terrified of snakes. There was much screaming and a shovel involved, and that was from a 6ft+ 250lb security guard.

(The cat was fine but scolded severely for the fright)
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      Good kitty! You want the little fuzzball to kill the pesky critters. Granted, it's gross to clean up after their kills, but all in all, this is not a bad thing.
      it can give them tapeworms, which aren't good.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Soon...
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I had one cat who killed a rat that got into the hallway where said cat was chillin'. Never saw a cat look so proud of himself. Never saw another rat in there, either. Rats are smart enough to learn. Mice, not so much.

But a cat that drowns a raccoon ..... ?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yesterday my dog and I were playing fetch (he's only 7 months old)

He runs. Sees a bird flying. Jumps. Grabs it. Shakes it until its head falls off then buries it. All the while being as happy as he could be.

I mean I was laughing so hard I couldn't be mad at him. At least he had the consideration to clean up his mess

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
              At least he had the consideration to clean up his mess
              Pfft, he wasn't cleaning up the mess, he was stashing it for a later snack!
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                *blas's story*

Been there, done that. What's really fun is when a cat is trying to smuggle a still live specimen in.

Had a cat come in one morning happy as can be, with a dead mouse hanging from his mouth. Which was very proudly presented to the awake humans.
                About five minutes later, cat is kicking up a storm, trying to open the cabinet cover for the garbage can where his prize had been deposited.
                Getting the dead mouse back, the cat then proceeded to bat it around in the kitchen while breakfast is being made.
                As the humans are eating breakfast, there is a crunching sound from under the table. ... Cat is enjoying his mouse meal.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                Just rabbits? My friend's cat didn't care what it went after. Mice, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, dogs (any size), deer (yes, DEER). That cat was a fuzzy little Dexter.
                Mice, squirrels, birds, tunelling rodents, all on the menu.
                Haven't seen any rabbits around here.

Previous cat, at seeing a dog would give it the glare of death. And if the dog was foolish enough to come over and say hi....
                Some years back, a big lab type dog running loose very foolishly said hi to previous cat. ... Except for its eyes, I don't think any part of its face escaped the ginsu claws of lightning speed.
                Current cat, he sees a dog, he hides. Last time my brother visited, he brought his dog. Not sure the breed, but I have seen dustballs bigger then this thing. Current cat took one look at it and disappeared.
                (dog was approx 1/3 the size of current cat)

I know there are racoons around, but they tend to leave our cats alone, and the cats as far as I can tell, leave the racoons alone. ... Wish they did the same with the skunk family some years back. How that cat avoided getting sprayed...

Deer are usually smart enough not to venture far enough into town where I am.

What about bears?
                Current cat a few years back was laying in the yard, enjoying the sun, when a black bear popped its head out from some brush next to the house.
                Bear saw the cat (and two humans) and froze. Humans saw the bear, and froze as well. (Bears are VERY common where I am, such to the point that having a couple wander through the main drag in town in the middle of the afternoon is just another day.)
                Cat, on the other hand, saw the bear, jumped to its feet, and charged the bear. Not a jog at the bear. Not a run at the bear. A full on charge with get out of my yard or I will f you up attitude.

Reaction of everyone at seeing this 5-6 pound cat charging full bore at what looked to be a 250-300 pound black bear.

.... The bear, instead of swatting at the cat, turned around and took off as fast as it could through the brush, with lots of noise from snapping branches and small trees. Demon cat hot on its tail.

Approximately five minutes later, the cat comes strutting out of the brush, head and tail held high, looking VERY pleased with himself.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                Raccoons, on the other hand (paw, whatever), weren't so much "hunted" as "executed with extreme prejudice." I watched once as he pulled a raccoon off a branch into a pond and drown it. the cat calmly climbed out of the pond, shook off, and walked away.
                .... Okay, that is impressive.

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                I grew up with a grey tabby who hunted about every critter seen, except for squirrels. I wish I had it on video: George strutted up to a squirrel and smacked it up the side of the head with his front paw. That squirrel recovered and sprinted up a nearby tree...later uttering what I presume were obscentities in squirrel.

Previous cats were a brother sister pair. The sister was a great hunter, and the attacker of dogs from above. The brother, not so much.
                There were more then a few times where sister would present brother with a live mouse to learn how to hunt. Brother would pat the mouse on its head and walk away.

Comment

Quoth Sakka View Post

Reaction of everyone at seeing this 5-6 pound cat charging full bore at what looked to be a 250-300 pound black bear.

.... The bear, instead of swatting at the cat, turned around and took off as fast as it could through the brush, with lots of noise from snapping branches and small trees. Demon cat hot on its tail.

Approximately five minutes later, the cat comes strutting out of the brush, head and tail held high, looking VERY pleased with himself.
                  Cat must've done something to the bear.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    Racoons!! Wow, I'm impressed.
                    Quoth Ghel View Post
                    Now that IS impressive.
                    Quoth Sakka View Post
                    .... Okay, that is impressive.
                    I'm not sure if "impressed" is the right word, or if "terrified" is more accurate. He certainly earned our respect, I will say that. Of course, keep in mind that this cat (an orage tabby) was probably larger than most of the raccoons he went after. As a kitten he wasn't anything special size-wise, but he grew into an absolute monster. Didn't have any of the typical characteristcs of a Maine Coon, either, so I have no idea where his size came from. With people, he was pretty much indifferent; the other cats in the house- friendly. Wild Animals? He was judge, jury, and executioner.

And quite likely, dinner patron as well.
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I was at work when it happened, but last summer, Baby (the outdoor cat) found a bunny hutch, took off with a baby bunny by its neck, and about killed the damn thing before getting tired of it and walking off.

My brother ended up shooting it to put it out of its misery. It barely had a neck anymore.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                        Just rabbits? My friend's cat didn't care what it went after. Mice, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, dogs (any size), deer (yes, DEER). That cat was a fuzzy little Dexter.

Ok, not so little. 20+ pounds of solid attitude.
                        I had a cat that the Portsmouth VA animal authorities called 'Conan the Cat'. Our across the street neighbors called them because Pyewackett would go across the street and beat up on their pit bulls. Poor things. They were told that AC could confiscate their pits if they attacked a cat, but there was no law against a cat attacking a dog Again, 20+ pounds of solid muscled ex-alley cat attitude

This is the cat who would see a squirrel on the lawn across Bainbridge Ave from the house and be a meter behind the squirrel halfway up the tree. I swear the little furry serial killer could teleport!
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Not so much scary cats, but a friend of mine's grandparent had a cat named Cooking Fat.

Swap the first letter of each word around.
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Hey, at least your cat killed the mouse. Mine had a habit of bringing in maimed animals (usually snapped their backs), and it was up to us to make the poor things comfortable until they finally passed on.

Once she did bring in an uninjured baby squirrel (after killing the rest of its family -- its mother and brother, apparently). That one didn't even have a scratch, so it was delivered to the wildlife rehab facility.

Never saw a cat take on a bear, but did see a neighbor's cat (unsuccessfully) take on a deer. Deer was on one side of the driveway, cat was on the other. We had two vehicles parked in the driveway. The cat snuck up to one, and looked around, then darted to the next vehicle tire...and the next...it was a very slow buildup. About 15 minutes. Finally, the cat pounced on the deer's hind leg. The deer didn't even look up from noshing on the grass, and just kicked it's leg and flicked the cat off like it was nothing. The cat went flying through the air for 7-8 feet or so, hit the ground running, and darted away as fast as it could. I witnessed it all from my bedroom window and cackled maniacally at the sight.
                            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Baby the cat has chased after deer.

Though, all it takes is one howl of a coyote and she spends the night hiding under the boat.

That's all it generally used to take for me to say to the dog "Fuck it, you're going pee the next spot you sniff!"
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My old Manx cat would leave me the butt ends of the mice he killed. My current black kitty leaves me the mice heads.

My parent's cat would stalk Bambis.
                                Last edited by Cia; 04-13-2013, 01:28 AM.
                                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                                X