Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cat brought back a weasel... Those suckers are hyperfast *and* mean.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Blas...at least the cat didn't leave the present in your bed

But seriously, my cat (or rather *Grandma's* cat), Kitty...was always leaving various critters on the porch after he'd caught them. You name it, he brought it--field mice, moles, frogs, ducklings, birds, snakes, baby geese--for her to see, and so she'd tell him he was a "good kitty." He knew, that if he got the moles that were ripping up the yard...he'd get a treat and some petting. Then he'd get a new 'toy' to play with. Grandma was less amused with finding bits of critter all over the clean porch! Kitty would spend hours batting his catches all over the place before eating them.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

re: B.Kliban -- I need to see about re-acquiring his books. His came in the 70's and (I think maybe) late 60's, and apparently pioneered the comic book format now known as "Garfield Format" (elongated rectangular books that don't seem to fit well on shelves (At least, at first), so they had to put them on special racks up by the registers. Oh darn.

Note - Some of Kliban's stuff is R-Rated/NSFW, even in the Cat books
        Quoth Taurus52 View Post
        High comedy, but talk about ambition overcoming common sense!?!?!?
        I can just see that cat talking to a fellow kitty..."Dude, it was the motherlode! The birds must have been six times my size!..."

Quoth fireheart View Post
        a friend of mine's grandparent had a cat named Cooking Fat.
        For some reason, this reminds me of an oooooooooold Garfield comic. Jon and Lyman (that should give you an idea of how long ago this was) were talking about the pack of cats that the latter grew up with...

Jon: What were there names?
        Lyman: Lessee, there was "Cat", "Cat", "Cat", "Cat", and "Cat".
        Jon: No names?
        Lyman: What's the use in naming an animal that won't come when you call it?

* Lyman has been gone from the comic for...decades...as I recall, tho he did have a recent cameo as a picture in Jon's newspaper. He was Jon's roomie as of the time of the above gag.
        Last edited by EricKei; 04-14-2013, 02:36 PM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X